The first SlashRoots conference was held earlier this year in Kingston and plans are already at an advance stage for it’s second staging in early 2012. The SlashRoots team have been hard at work on SlashRoots 2012 and has expanded the conference to be a regional event.
In a post of the official SlashRoots blog it was stated that:
The next SlashRoots/DEV Caribbean will be occur simultaneously across the Caribbean in the islands of Jamaica, the Dominican Republic and Trinidad and Tobago. To make this happen, we are again partnering with the Center of Excellence at the Mona School of Business(Jamaica) and the International Development Research Center of Canada, as well as new partners Ciudadano Inteligente(Chile), Fundacion Taiguey (Dom Rep) and the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, UWI (Trinidad). The event will be branded SlashRoots/DEV Caribbean Open Data Conference “Developing The Caribbean” and we have some pretty cool sponsors behind the event, which we will be announcing soon. Think Silicon Valley meets Caribbean Culture! – Read full post
I’m very excited about SlashRoots and the role it can and should play in the development of the regional ICT product and general tech-related foundations. Geezam.com will have more on SlashRoots 2012 as it develops – slashroots.org.
More on Geezam.com:
Latest posts by Kelroy (see all)
- Python Programming Tutorial for Beginners – Part 5 – String concatenation - March 4, 2021
- Python Programming Tutorial for Beginners – Part 4 – Basic Operators - March 2, 2021
- Python Programming Tutorial for Beginners – Part 3 – Printing and commenting - February 27, 2021
- Python Programming Tutorial for Beginners – Part 2 – Variables and Data Types - February 23, 2021
- Python Programming Tutorial for Beginners – Part 1 – Hello and Introduction - February 19, 2021