“Our efforts to make meaningful progress to improve people’s lives contributed to the rise in brand value. Our ranking this year is a positive sign that demonstrates our efforts to regain trust have resonated with global consumers.”
CMO of Samsung Electronics, YH Lee, commenting on Samsung Electronics ranking on Interbrand’s “Best Global Brands 2017” list
Samsung Electronics announced today that it has been ranked No.6 on Interbrand’s “Best Global Brands 2017” list with a brand value of $56.2 billion—one position up and a 9% increase from last year. This year’s Interbrand’s Best Global Brands was announced at the World Trade Center in New York City on September 27.
As it has made continual strides as a global company, Samsung has ranked as one of the top 10 brands on the Interbrand rankings from 2012 to 2017, demonstrating continual growth in brand value.
Samsung’s Growth in Brand Value
This year’s achievement is particularly meaningful given some of the challenges that Samsung has faced, and overcome, in the past year.
For example, Interbrand, in its evaluation, cited among various factors, Samsung’s exemplary, fast recovery from last year’s Galaxy Note7 crisis, the company’s successful launches of flagship products, and its continued stellar financial performance.
|Samsung’s Growth in Brand Value|
|(USD; in millions)||32,893||39,610||45,462||45,297||51,808||56,249|
In particular, Samsung’s mobile business reconfirmed its market leadership through the successful launch of the Galaxy S8. Samsung’s memory division also performed strongly, with its record profits contributing to the rise in brand value.
Samsung’s digital appliances business introduced innovative and award-winning new products, developed from deep consumer insights, like the Family Hub refrigerator and AddWash washing machine. Samsung’s visual display division also broke new ground in the TV market with the new QLED TV as well as The Frame, a new lifestyle TV for the home.
More on Geezam.com:
Latest posts by Lindsworth (see all)
- Samsung Galaxy Buds Pro – True ANC Wireless Earbuds Design gives better Sound Quality - April 7, 2021
- Schneider Electric Healthcare IT Solutions – EDGE, AI , IoT with UPS backup for Servers - April 7, 2021
- Huawei donates 500 MediaPad T3 10” LTE tablets to the Ministry of Education - January 16, 2021
- Schneider Electric APC’s Smart-UPS™ line interactive Lithium-ion for IoT and Edge Computing - January 12, 2021
- Huawei passes an independent GSMA NESAS, demonstrating Integrity of their Networks - January 11, 2021