Jamaica has finally reached out to the Sun with our first Solar plant. Launched on Thursday June 22nd, 2017, the JA$$7.9 billion solar power generation plant is located in Content District in Clarendon.
Check out this video on Content Solar!
It’s the handiwork of Content Solar Ltd., a subsidiary of Tampa, Florida-based WRB Enterprises and has some interesting design stats:
- 160 acres of solar panels
- 91,200 Solar Panels
- 300 acres of land used
- 20 MW annually
To put that in perspective, 20 MW annually becoming supplied to the JPS (Jamaica Public Service Company) grid translates to power for 20,000 homes.
At this rate, along with the Wigton Wind Farm as described in Jamaica will eventually achieve our Vision 2020 goal of 30% power from renewables, equivalent to 35,000 tons annually in reduce carbon emissions or 7,000 smoking cars taken off the road…….preferably those SUV these government official drive as shown below!!
Which gives me another idea…..but that’s for another article….
More on Geezam.com:
Latest posts by Lindsworth (see all)
- Samsung Bespoke Home 2021 virtually displays Samsung Home Appliances - June 14, 2021
- Galileo Hall Virtual Tour hints at 5G powered Virtual Reality for Remote Workplace - June 14, 2021
- Samsung Galaxy Watch marks a New Era of Smartwatch Innovation - June 14, 2021
- Schneider Electric Galaxy VL boasts Small footprint with Live Swap Feature - June 14, 2021
- Samsung Galaxy Buds Pro – True ANC Wireless Earbuds Design gives better Sound Quality - April 7, 2021