The National Environment and Planning Agency (NEPA) invites photographers to enter its World
Wetlands Day 2016 Digital Photography Competition. Show us your best shots taken during the
period January 12, 2016 – February 21, 2016.
The World Wetlands Day 2016 Digital Photography Competition is open to photographers of ALL ages, with
the exception of employees of the National Environment and Planning Agency and the judges of this
WHAT TO ENTER:
We are looking for striking digital images to celebrate wetlands and their importance to sustainable livelihoods.
Your images should highlight wetlands in Jamaica.
We are especially interested in images depicting the following:
- “Wetlands as a source of income”
- “Wetlands as a means of ecotourism”
- “Wetlands as a habitat and nursery”
- “Wetlands as a source of food”
If you choose to include people in your submission, you are responsible for obtaining the necessary (written)
releases from the individuals depicted. Entrants must not submit images that involve human nudity, or the willful
harassment of wildlife.
HOW TO ENTER:
All images must be submitted through our photo submission email email@example.com
Complete all required fields, including name, email address and other information about your photo submission.
Photo captions must accompany all submissions and should include the following:
- Subject or title
- Date taken
- Photographer’s name
- Information about what is happening in the photo (1 – 2 sentences)
ELIGIBILITY AND JUDGING:
- This competition is open to photographers of all ages.
- All submissions must be taken during the indicated, January 12 – February 21, 2016.
- To ensure eligibility for the contest all entries must have a resolution of 2MB or greater (2 megapixels).
- Entries should originate in jpeg format only.
- Pictures may be in colour or black and white. Use of filters is allowed; however, extensive editing which
causes the addition or subtraction of features and manipulates the integrity of the image is not
- Two entries are allowed per participant.
- Images will be judged on originality, technical excellence, composition, overall impact and artistic merit.
The judges are a selected panel of photographers and scientists. All decisions made by the judges are
- Images will also be judged via Social Media: Images will be uploaded to NEPA’s Instagram and
Facebook accounts for a period of 1 week. The public will be invited to judge the images by “Liking”.
The number of “Likes” will account for a percentage of the points.
Entries can be uploaded starting 12:01p.m. on January 12, 2016 to 11:59p.m. on February 21, 2016.
Finalists will be announced and prizes presented in a ceremony on World Wildlife Day, March 3, 2016.
NEPA reserves the right to adjust any deadline(s) as the result of causes beyond its immediate control.
WINNING PHOTOS & PRIZES:
The award winning images may be featured in any online, printed and any other material promoting wetlands.
Three cash prizes ($J) will be awarded as follows:
- 1st Place – $50,000.00
- 2nd Place – $30,000.00
- 3rd Place – $15,000.00
Your photographs will help NEPA to showcase the island’s amazing wetlands, their significance, functions, flora
and fauna. Thank you for helping to further our mission through your photography.
As conditions of this permission, NEPA shall credit all photographs with the caption “© Person’s Name”.
Questions and inquiries about contest rules can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
More on Geezam.com:
Latest posts by Kelroy (see all)
- Python Programming Tutorial for Beginners – Part 5 – String concatenation - March 4, 2021
- Python Programming Tutorial for Beginners – Part 4 – Basic Operators - March 2, 2021
- Python Programming Tutorial for Beginners – Part 3 – Printing and commenting - February 27, 2021
- Python Programming Tutorial for Beginners – Part 2 – Variables and Data Types - February 23, 2021
- Python Programming Tutorial for Beginners – Part 1 – Hello and Introduction - February 19, 2021