Oculus Rift and HTC Vive move over as Christmas 2016 is here already!
Playstation VR just dropped a bomb with their VR (Virtual Reality) headset priced at US$399 coming in October 2016. This beats out the US$1500 for the Oculus Rift and is half the price of the HTC Vive, set to debut at US$800.
I suspected the coming competition in VR would be fierce in 2016 based on their showing CES 2016 as predicted in How CES 2016 is going VR thanks to HTC, Sony, Microsoft, Samsung and Oculus.
To be fair, the Oculus Rift and HTC Vive have better specs than Playstation VR, which would run on the pre-existing PS4 hardware. Also, there’s a little devil in the details.
This price is for the Playstation VR ONLY; you still have to shell out some US$50 for the Playstation Camera as well as the Playstation move controllers. But with 36 million VR-ready PS4s in living rooms across the world, this is a huge advantage and hearkens back to when Sony had launched the PS4 for US$400.
The rest is history as we know, as the Ps4 has now trounced the Xbox One, despite having better specs. Expect an actual release date at E3 2016 come June 14 to June 16 2016, along with the final suite of launch titles as Sony ignites a VR Console war!
More on Geezam.com:
Latest posts by Lindsworth (see all)
- Samsung Galaxy Buds Pro – True ANC Wireless Earbuds Design gives better Sound Quality - April 7, 2021
- Schneider Electric Healthcare IT Solutions – EDGE, AI , IoT with UPS backup for Servers - April 7, 2021
- Huawei donates 500 MediaPad T3 10” LTE tablets to the Ministry of Education - January 16, 2021
- Schneider Electric APC’s Smart-UPS™ line interactive Lithium-ion for IoT and Edge Computing - January 12, 2021
- Huawei passes an independent GSMA NESAS, demonstrating Integrity of their Networks - January 11, 2021