The popular microblogging and social networking service Twitter will be overhauling the web interface of it’s website starting today, with the entire 200 million user base getting the upgrade over the next few weeks. Partnerships with DailyBooth, DeviantART, Etsy, Flickr, Justin.TV, Kickstarter, Kiva, Photozou, Plixi, Twitgoo, TwitPic, TwitVid, USTREAM, Vimeo, yfrog, and YouTube will turn Twitter’s web interface into a massive multimedia hub and transform and hopefully improve the user experience.
Twitter CEO Evan Williams prefaced his announcement by mentioning that Twitter.com is already far and away the most popular way for accessing the microblogging service, commanding 78% of unique users (which the company defines as “Of all the people who logged into their Twitter account during the month, what percentage did so via each service.”). Combined with Twitter’s growing need to serve up impressions to advertisers, it’s certainly no surprise that the company is now looking to keep people more engaged on its website. Video annoucement embedded below.
More on Geezam.com:
Latest posts by Kelroy (see all)
- Python Programming Tutorial for Beginners – Part 5 – String concatenation - March 4, 2021
- Python Programming Tutorial for Beginners – Part 4 – Basic Operators - March 2, 2021
- Python Programming Tutorial for Beginners – Part 3 – Printing and commenting - February 27, 2021
- Python Programming Tutorial for Beginners – Part 2 – Variables and Data Types - February 23, 2021
- Python Programming Tutorial for Beginners – Part 1 – Hello and Introduction - February 19, 2021