Much as the Undersea Fiber Optic Cables interconnects us as a Global Village called the World Wide Web – or as I like to call it, the Wild, Wired West as the Internet is indeed an American innovation – we OURSELVES are increasingly living in a world where our devices and ourselves can be easily connected to the Internet and our location known at all times.
You thought my previous article on the Internet of Things entitled NFC and M2M – Cashless Society and the Internet of Things was scary or Kelroy’s article on Undersea Copper and fiber Optic Cables entitled Undersea Cables keep the Caribbean connected to the World Wide Web was awe inspiring, then take a gander at how the state of the Internet of Things has progressed since 2008AD.
This according to the infographic made by Cisco Blogger Dave Evans: (Click image for larger version)
Fun fact: there are more devices connected to the Internet than they are people on this blue sphere called Earth. Interestingly, Google is behind efforts to develop AI (Artificial Intelligence) into even its latest OS, Ice Cream, which they have publicly stated will be the Open Source OS behind refrigerator and Toasters, sporting always-connected and Network-aware capabilities.
In short, should AI be a reality before the end of the Second decade of the 21st Century, they already outnumber us, they know everything about us and they are very well organized for a first strike, WarGames (1983) Style. Heck, they can even track us, thanks to Geo-Location Social Networks as per my article Lost and Found – Smartphones and the Trifecta of Geo-Location.
People, keep your gunpowder dry and your cutlass sharp. I don’t trust how that Kelvinator fridge powered by Google’s Ice Cream OS is looking at me……
More on Geezam.com:
Latest posts by Lindsworth (see all)
- Samsung Galaxy Buds Pro – True ANC Wireless Earbuds Design gives better Sound Quality - April 7, 2021
- Schneider Electric Healthcare IT Solutions – EDGE, AI , IoT with UPS backup for Servers - April 7, 2021
- Huawei donates 500 MediaPad T3 10” LTE tablets to the Ministry of Education - January 16, 2021
- Schneider Electric APC’s Smart-UPS™ line interactive Lithium-ion for IoT and Edge Computing - January 12, 2021
- Huawei passes an independent GSMA NESAS, demonstrating Integrity of their Networks - January 11, 2021