There is a new Skype for Linux Alpha app in town from Microsoft. The latest update, version 1.12 bring hostless group calling along with other improvements to Linux users, joyous news to Ubuntu and Fedora users like myself:
- Improved authentication process with switch to Microsoft Account options
- General bug fixes and performance improvement
This means simply that if you initiate a group call and suddenly leave the group call mid-way, it possible for you to rejoin that call, so long as all the member of the group call are intact.
Something tells me that Skype, which had also re-launched allowing people to create a 24-hour hyperlink to initiate Skype calls from their website without having an account, will start to rise and seriously challenge WhatsApp. This move, a separate bit of news from the Skype for Linux Alpha app will drive more traffic to their website and potentially win them more customers.
Combined, these updates can seriously challenge WhatsApp’s current dominance as noted in WhatsApp is the #1 Mobile Messaging App in the World …….. once they can figure out how to make calls to Landline and Mobiles free globally, the Holy Grail of phone calling!
Here the link:
More on Geezam.com:
Latest posts by Lindsworth (see all)
- Samsung Electronics launches Life Unstoppable 2021 showcases IoT in the home - October 14, 2021
- Blue Origin breaks records as Captain Kirk goes into space - October 14, 2021
- Samsung receives EPA Award for Galaxy S10 packaging and e-waste recycling - October 10, 2021
- How Schneider Electric Modular Data Center herald 5G Adoption and VR Classrooms - October 10, 2021
- Samsung’s The Frame 4K Exhibition of Thyssen-Bornemisza National Museum Collection - October 10, 2021