“The industry-wide transformation taking place today enables our customers to improve their business performance in ways they never imagined, but it requires them to expand connectivity across their operations, so they can extract, contextualize and apply new levels of rich data,”
Senior vice president, Industry Services and Cybersecurity, Schneider Electric, Nathalie Marcotte, commenting on the partnership with Nozomi Networks
Schneider Electric, the leader in the digital transformation of energy management and automation, has signed a global partnership agreement with Nozomi Networks, the leader in industrial cybersecurity and operational visibility.
Under the terms of the agreement, Schneider Electric will collaborate with Nozomi to provide customers in the industrial manufacturing and critical infrastructure segments with the following:
- Advanced anomaly detection
- Vulnerability assessment
- Cybersecurity solutions and services
This will help such clients control, prevent and mitigate risks to their operations and business performance. So why is this partnership so essential?
Schneider Electric and Nozomi Networks – Interconnected Infrastructure are a target for Hackers
According to Senior vice president, Industry Services and Cybersecurity, Schneider Electric, Nathalie Marcotte, the bigger and more interconnected industrial manufacturing and critical infrastructure are, the more vulnerable they are to attack.
“However, extending connectivity also extends the attack surface for would-be cyber criminals. Therefore, cybersecurity can no longer be an afterthought. There’s too much at stake, financially and operationally. By adding Nozomi Networks to our family of partners, we strengthen our ability to help customers understand and eliminate risks and threats to their operations and assets, while reducing potential impact on their business success”, said Nathalie Marcotte.
Hence the need for a partnership with cybersecurity expert with their know-how in process automation and industrial control solutions.
Schneider Electric and Nozomi Networks – Industry-Leading Cybersecurity Services and Solutions
The partnership enables Schneider Electric to respond more aggressively to immediate demand for effective, operational technology cybersecurity services, solutions and expertise in oil and gas, power, building automation and other industrial sectors.
Schneider Electric will combine its EcoStruxure IIoT process automation and industrial control solutions with Nozomi’s SCADAguardian platform for real-time operations visibility, including:
- Advanced ICS Cybersecurity Solutions: The bundled solution will deliver the deep network visibility and OT cybersecurity industry operators require in one, comprehensive and highly scalable solution. Nozomi Networks SCADAguardian solution provides accurate asset discovery, superior threat detection and flexible and scalable deployment options to Schneider Electric customers.
- Nozomi Networks Certified Consultants: Schneider Electric consultants around the world will continue to be trained as certified Nozomi Networks engineers, scaling to support clients throughout their cybersecurity solution implementation, and providing expert OT threat hunting and forensic analysis.
- SCADAguardian Live in Schneider Electric Sites: Schneider Electric customers can experience Nozomi Networks’ real-time operational visibility and cybersecurity solutions via live threat scenarios running in Schneider Electric sites around the world.
Schneider Electric will offer Nozomi Networks’ advanced solutions for industrial control system cyber resiliency and real-time operational visibility to customers worldwide.
Schneider Electric’s EcoStruxure – Now with Cyberattack upgrades from Nozomi
EcoStruxure is Schneider Electric’s open, interoperable, IoT-enabled system architecture and platform as explained in Schneider’s Wins Hyperconverged Innovation of the Year at SVC Awards 2017.
EcoStruxure delivers enhanced value around safety, reliability, efficiency, sustainability and connectivity for customers. EcoStruxure leverages advancements in the following areas of Cybersecurity to deliver Innovation at Every Level:
This includes Connected Products, Edge Control, and Apps, Analytics and Services. EcoStruxure has been deployed in 480,000+ sites, with the support of 20,000+ system integrators and developers, connecting over 1.6 million assets under management through 40+ digital services.
So this partnership will make their best most vulnerable Infrastructure Network better able to withstand a cyberattack.
Schneider Electric and Nozomi Networks – Defense against System Hackers
So clearly this is not just a business partnership but a meeting of minds to combat a growing problem; Hackers targeting industrial manufacturing and critical infrastructure, as they tend to not be protected by firewalls or antivirus systems.
“Years of multi-industry experience discerning the complexities of industrial control system networks, continuous innovation and expertise in artificial intelligence and machine learning have made Nozomi Networks SCADAguardian the most comprehensive, scalable and mature product in its category,” said Edgard Capdevielle, chief executive officer, Nozomi Networks.
“Our partnership with Schneider Electric accelerates our joint efforts to further protect global infrastructure while helping to improve the safety, efficiency, reliability and profitability of the world’s most critical operations,” he further pointed out.
The partnership strengthens Schneider Electric’s commitment to a defense-in-depth approach that prevents and minimizes cyberattacks and creates a multi-layered, multi-technology strategy to safeguard critical systems.
“The digital enterprise requires a holistic security approach that not only provides safeguards, but continually assesses, manages and monitors business and operating systems, which Nozomi Networks’ solutions do seamlessly,” Marcotte said. “Addressing cybersecurity head on can’t be limited to a single company, segment or region. That is why we are committed to being open, transparent and collaborative when it comes to helping global industry prevent and respond to cyberattacks”.
“As this partnership shows, we will continue to collaborate with industry leaders who have the technology, expertise and unique skills required to secure and protect our customers’ people, production and profits,” Marcotte said.
Truly, Schneider Electric is always thing ahead of hackers who may start targeting industrial manufacturing and critical infrastructure as they are an easy target.
More on Geezam.com:
Latest posts by Lindsworth (see all)
- Samsung Galaxy Buds Pro – True ANC Wireless Earbuds Design gives better Sound Quality - April 7, 2021
- Schneider Electric Healthcare IT Solutions – EDGE, AI , IoT with UPS backup for Servers - April 7, 2021
- Huawei donates 500 MediaPad T3 10” LTE tablets to the Ministry of Education - January 16, 2021
- Schneider Electric APC’s Smart-UPS™ line interactive Lithium-ion for IoT and Edge Computing - January 12, 2021
- Huawei passes an independent GSMA NESAS, demonstrating Integrity of their Networks - January 11, 2021