“The new, energy-efficient Galaxy VL sets a very high standard for UPS innovation and is designed to help our customers grow while minimizing footprint and cost of ownership,”
Mustafa Demirkol, VP, 3-Phase Global Offer Management for Schneider Electric, commenting on the new Galaxy VL
Schneider Electric, the leader in digital transformation of energy management and automation, today announced the global launch of the Galaxy VL 200-500 kW (400V/480V) 3-phase uninterruptible power supply (UPS), the newest addition to the Galaxy family.
Available worldwide, this highly efficient, compact UPS offers up to 99-percent efficiency in ECOnversion™ mode for a full return on investment within two years (model dependent) for medium and large data centers and commercial and industrial facilities.
A live, virtual “hands-on” event for data center professionals and partners will take place May 4 to demonstrate Galaxy VL’s capabilities and features from Schneider Electric’s Innovation Executive Briefing Center. With data center floor space at a premium, the compact design of the Galaxy VL is half the size of the industry average at .8 m2.
Its modular and scalable architecture enables data center professionals to scale power incrementally, from 200 kW to 500 kW with 50 kW power modules, providing flexibility to grow as their business demands.
So what makes the Galaxy VL so special?
Galaxy VL UPS – Small footprint, Live Swap and 99% efficiency in ECOnversion™
With Galaxy VL, Schneider Electric introduces Live Swap, a pioneering feature which delivers a touch-safe design throughout the process of adding or replacing the power modules while the UPS is online and fully operational, offering enhanced business continuity and no unscheduled downtime.
Additionally, Live Swap’s touch safe design offers increased protection for employees who no longer have to transfer the UPS to maintenance bypass or battery operation during the insertion or removal of the power modules.
The Galaxy VL is Modular and scalable 3-phase UPS design enables data center professionals to grow as needed and is 50% more compact than industry average. Live Swap touch-safe design for enhanced employee protection and business continuity.
Along with 99% efficiency in ECOnversion™ mode for a full return on investment within two years for medium and large data centers, the Galaxy VL UPS is a must-have for data center professionals and partners.
“It is in keeping of our focus on the future requirements for data centers and meeting the demands for adaptability, resiliency, efficiency, and sustainability. The newest addition to the Galaxy family is a Green Premium product that delivers top performance, supports sustainability objectives, and fills a previous gap in the market for the midrange power segment,” notes Mustafa Demirkol, VP, 3-Phase Global Offer Management for Schneider Electric.
Galaxy VL UPS Roundup – Key Benefits of the new Galaxy VL
So to summarize, the Key Benefits of the new Galaxy VL are as follows:
- Maximize space to enable future growth: Galaxy VL is the most compact in its class, 50-percent more compact than the industry average at.8 m2, freeing up valuable data center real estate and IT space. Additionally, Galaxy Lithium-ion Battery Cabinets deliver total space savings of up to 70 percent compared with VRLA battery solutions.
- Save money: Galaxy VL’s modular, scalable platform enables you to pay-as-you-grow, reducing CapEx investment, operating costs, energy consumption, and TCO. Scale power instantly in 50 kW increments from 200 to 500 kW with no extra footprint.
- Reach sustainability goals: Up to 99-percent efficient in ECOnversion mode for a full return on investment within two years in energy savings (26,280 EUR annual electricity savings). A Schneider Electric Green Premium product, it includes the option for long-lasting Lithium-ion batteries.
- Increased Reliability through EcoStruxure : By connecting Galaxy VL to EcoStruxure—Schneider Electric’s open, interoperable, IoT-enabled system architecture and platform—data center operators can benefit from EcoStruxure™ IT software and services. These EcoStruxure offerings enable customers to monitor, manage, and model their IT infrastructure and get service support 24/7 anywhere, anytime.
More on Geezam.com:
Latest posts by Lindsworth (see all)
- HBO Max now on Samsung Smart TVs in Jamaica - July 25, 2021
- Huawei Seeds of the Future Program promoting Tech4Good for UWI and UTECH Students - July 25, 2021
- Samsung Bespoke Home 2021 virtually displays Samsung Home Appliances - June 14, 2021
- Galileo Hall Virtual Tour hints at 5G powered Virtual Reality for Remote Workplace - June 14, 2021
- Samsung Galaxy Watch marks a New Era of Smartwatch Innovation - June 14, 2021