“Samsung continues to focus on putting the consumer first by delivering first-class, groundbreaking products and services across categories. We are honored that CEA and the industry continue to recognize our commitment to bring new value to people’s lives through exceptional next-generation technologies that will transform the way we live.”
President and CEO, Samsung Electronics North America Gregory Lee, commenting on the eighty (80) Innovation Awards won by Samsung
They always save the best for last! At least, that’s how it seems at times with Samsung.
After making a big splash with their JS8500 and JS9500 Series of Smart UHDTV’s that use a new proprietary technology called Quantum Dots or SUHD for the general public as reported in Samsung’s SUHD Smart TV running Tizen OS As UHD Alliance Grows and Internet of Things beckons, the last day of CES (Computer Electronics Show) 2015, held in Las Vegas, Nevada, was a show-stopper for the White and Blue company.
CES 2015, the world’s largest consumer technology shindig put on by CES (Consumer Electronics Association), saw it fit to bestow upon them no less than eighty (80) Innovation Awards on Friday January 9th 2015. This is no fluke; products entered at CES 2015 by Samsung are judged by a who’s who of independent industrial designers, engineers and members of the media.
CES is the crossroads of the Technology world for established Tech companies as well as innovators and Start-ups to strut their stuff. It’s hosted by CEA for the past forty (40) and is a prestigious International Show held by the Trade Association representing the US$211 billion U.S. consumer electronics industry.
Pioneers and forwards thinkers are welcome at this equivalent of Speaker’s Corner in England to proclaim their products that are set to evoke a Eureka Response when they roll out their products later in the year.
Their focus is to identify the best of the best that stands out in terms of design, Engineering and pushes the envelope of Technology across the twenty eight (28) Categories of Products entered each year at CES 2015.
Samsung wins 80 CES Innovation Awards – Not sure how this translates to Sales, but it helps
So the fact that Samsung won eighty (80) Innovation Awards out of a possible twenty eight (28) Categories of Products means they had at least four (4) winning products per category, if my math is right!
This tops the seventy six (76) awards they won last year and it’s not all about cellphones and jumbo-sized Television sets, with some thirty one (31) Best of Home Entertainment Innovation Awards. So let’s count up the CES 2015 Innovation Awards won by Samsung in what’s pretty much the Oscars of the Technology World:
- Eight (8) Awards for Samsung’s JS8500 and JS9500 Series of Smart UHDTV’s including Ubergizmo’s Best of CES award, Digital Trends’ Best Television at CES 2015 award and Reviewed.com’s 2015 CES Editors’ Choice award.
- Eight (8) Awards for Samsung’s revolutionary portable SSD T1 including PC Mag’s Best of CES Best Storage Device award, Reviewed.com’s CES Editors’ Choice Award and Techlicious’ Top Picks of CES list.
- Four (4) Awards for Samsung’s ATIV Book 9 including Digital Trend’s Top Tech of CES 2015 Finalist, Pocket-Lint’s Best Laptops of CES 2015, Tech Times’ CES Best of Innovation award and Windows Central’s CES Top Pick award.
- One (1) CES award for Best of Innovation: Video Displays for Samsung’s 105-inch UN105S9B TV, the World’s First and Largest Bendable SUHD TV
- One (1) Reviewed.com’s 2015 CES Editors’ Choice Award for SmartThings
- Three (3) Awards for Samsung’s Active Wash Washing Machine including Digital Trends’ Top Tech of CES 2015 Awards, Mashable’s Best of CES 2015 award and Reviewed.com’s CES Editors’ Choice Award
- Three (3) Awards for Samsung’s Flex Duo Dual Door Range including 2015 International CES Best of Innovation Honoree, Reviewed.com’s CES Editors’ Choice Award and Techlicious’ Top Pick of CES
Still, these awards are mostly academic, as the panel judge the products on polish and shine, not price or every day utilitarian usage.
It’s when the rubber meets the roads later in 2015 as they announce the launch of their products that we get to see which of these cutting-edge products was seriously made for the public and which were merely technological curios to showcase the State-of-the-art of the Bleeding Edge of Technology!
More on Geezam.com:
Latest posts by Lindsworth (see all)
- Samsung Galaxy Buds Pro – True ANC Wireless Earbuds Design gives better Sound Quality - April 7, 2021
- Schneider Electric Healthcare IT Solutions – EDGE, AI , IoT with UPS backup for Servers - April 7, 2021
- Huawei donates 500 MediaPad T3 10” LTE tablets to the Ministry of Education - January 16, 2021
- Schneider Electric APC’s Smart-UPS™ line interactive Lithium-ion for IoT and Edge Computing - January 12, 2021
- Huawei passes an independent GSMA NESAS, demonstrating Integrity of their Networks - January 11, 2021