Just when the tech industry thought that Apple’s dominance of the tablet market was cemented with the recent launch of the iPad 2 Samsung comes out punching with the revelation of new designed Android powered Galaxy tab. Samsung showed off their new tablet at the CTIA show 2011 and I must say so far I am impressed, the more tablet competition the better.
The new Samsung Galaxy Tab will come in two sizes – 8.9 inches and 10.1 inches with Samsung billing them at the “world’s thinnest tablets” at 8.6 millimeters thin (iPad 2 is 8.8mm). Both sizes will run Android 3.0 which was designed from the ground up for tablets. Both Galaxy tablets will come in Wi-Fi and HSPA+ (or, 4G) models. The Wi-Fi 10.1 will cost $499 for the 16 GB version, and $599 for the 32 GB version. Those will hit stores on June 8th of this year. The Wi-Fi 8.9 version will be $569 for the 32 GB model and $469 for the 16 GB model.
Samsung Galaxy Tab specs
- Powered by Android 3.0 (honeycomb)
- 1GHz Dual Core application processor
- 8.9″ r 10.1 WXGA 1280×800 display
- Full HD recording (720p) and playback (1080p @ 30fps)
- HSPA＋ 21Mbps 850/900/1900/2100 EDGE/GPRS 850/900/1800/1900
- Gyroscope, Accelerometer, Digital Compass, Ambient Light sensor
- 16G / 32G / 64G, microSD (up to 32GB)
- Bluetooth – USB 2.0 – WiFi 802.11 (a/b/g/n)
Full Samsung press release with more info and specs here. Stay tuned to Geezam.com for more on the new Samsung Galaxy tabs as well as the continued salvos in the tablet wars.
More on Geezam.com:
Latest posts by Kelroy (see all)
- Python Programming Tutorial for Beginners – Part 5 – String concatenation - March 4, 2021
- Python Programming Tutorial for Beginners – Part 4 – Basic Operators - March 2, 2021
- Python Programming Tutorial for Beginners – Part 3 – Printing and commenting - February 27, 2021
- Python Programming Tutorial for Beginners – Part 2 – Variables and Data Types - February 23, 2021
- Python Programming Tutorial for Beginners – Part 1 – Hello and Introduction - February 19, 2021