“We are excited to provide globally renowned works of art in The Frame’s Art Store. By integrating these masterpieces in partnership with the Thyssen Museum, Samsung The Frame users will enjoy a unique experience from their own homes,”
Executive Vice President of Visual Display Business at Samsung Electronics, Wonjin Lee, commenting on the Samsung and the Thyssen Museum exhibition named “The Impressionists and The Photography”
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd, back in June 2020, announced their commitment to the world of art and culture by adding 38 new art pieces from the Thyssen Museum in Spain to its Art Store.
The pieces are an addition to the existing collection available since last October, when Samsung and the Thyssen Museum presented an exhibition named “The Impressionists and The Photography”, composed of six iconic art pieces by impressionist painters from the museum.
The new additions include masterpieces painted by artists such as Claude Monet or Auguste Renoir. Samsung The Frame now boasts a catalogue with 44 art pieces from the Thyssen Museum that users can enjoy in vivid picture quality. The art pieces are available both under single purchase and monthly subscription.
The Impressionists and The Photography – Samsung and the Thyssen Museum featured artists
Some of the highlights of this collection are key pieces of art in Post-impressionism such as:
- The Stevedores in Arles by Vincent van Gogh
- Bottle, Carafe, Jug and Lemons by Paul Cézanne.
- Artistic movements such as German Expressionism
- Woman on a Divan, by August Macke
- Works by Italian landscape painter, Canaletto.
- Picasso’s disciples, Master of Spanish Cubism
- Juan Gris, and his work, The Smoker
- Lyubov Popova, a female artiste and her masterpiece Painterly Architectonic (Still Life: Instruments), known for its reference to Constructivism.
This is the third collection from Spanish art gallery to be part of Samsung The Frame partnership.
Samsung The Frame partnership – Bringing Art to the masses in 4K
With Thyssen Bornemisza Museum joining the collections, Samsung Art Store now has more than 1,200 art pieces and photographs in 4K quality from museums and galleries around the world, specifically
- Prado Museum in Madrid
- The Albertina Museum in Vienna
- The Tate Modern in London
- The Uffizi Gallery in Florence
- The Van Gogh Museum in Amsterdam
- The Hermitage State Museum in Saint Petersburg
- Magnum Photos and LUMAS
The Thyssen-Bornemisza National Museum is the public institution that houses one of the most important pictorial collections in the world with almost 900 art pieces gathered over seven decades by the Thyssen-Bornemisza family. The Spanish State acquired the Collection in 1993. Dürer, Rafael, Titian, Rembrandt, Caravaggio, Monet, Rénoir, Cézanne, Van Gogh, Morisot, Picasso, Hopper, Rothko.
These are some of the great names in the history of painting present in the Museum, which offers a journey through the history of western art from the 12th to the 20th century. Since 2004 the Foundation has also exhibited pieces on loan from the Baroness Carmen Thyssen-Bornemisza Private Collection.
More on Geezam.com:
Latest posts by Lindsworth (see all)
- Samsung Electronics launches Life Unstoppable 2021 showcases IoT in the home - October 14, 2021
- Blue Origin breaks records as Captain Kirk goes into space - October 14, 2021
- Samsung receives EPA Award for Galaxy S10 packaging and e-waste recycling - October 10, 2021
- How Schneider Electric Modular Data Center herald 5G Adoption and VR Classrooms - October 10, 2021
- Samsung’s The Frame 4K Exhibition of Thyssen-Bornemisza National Museum Collection - October 10, 2021