“We are honored to be recognized for our industry-leading technology. At Samsung we remain committed to providing mobile devices that are inspired by consumers and always underpinned by a focus on progress and innovation.”
Communications at Samsung Electronics, DJ Koh, President of Mobile commenting on the awards from the GSMA
While the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge was being launched a day before the start of MWC (Mobile World Conference) in Barcelona, Spain on Monday February 22nd 2016 as chronicled by Kelroy in Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 edge makes a big splash at MWC 2016, the GSMA (Global Systems Mobile) was getting Awards for an older model.
Specifically, the awards from the GSMA were for the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge and the Samsung Galaxy Gear S2:
- Gear S2 was awarded “Best Connected Consumer Electronic Device” in the Best Mobile Handsets & Devices category
- Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge was awarded “Best Smartphone 2015”
This comes as no surprise, as the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge was an innovative product at the time of launch. Its Samsung Galaxy Edge Tab is proving to be a practical addition that’s wooing many to switch to Team Samsung as pointed out in How the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus is Jamaica’s smartphone Christmas Present.
The Samsung Gear S2 has finally being refined, leveraging the strengths of Tizen OS as a smartwatch OS that’s capable of making call from your wrist, preferably via Bluetooth as noted in Samsung Galaxy Gear S2 has Tizen OS powered Samsung Pay Winning Potential.
Like the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge and the Samsung Gear S2, they were recommended presents for Christmas 2015 as well as St. Valentine’s day as lovingly parlayed in How Samsung’s helps you to say I Love You this Valentine’s Day.
So yet again, another award for Samsung even as their 5G Tech is being rolled out as per my ditty How Samsung’s 5G Technology on display at MWC 2016 will help Telcos to power the next generation of Mobile Broadband by 2020!
More on Geezam.com:
Latest posts by Lindsworth (see all)
- Schneider Electric’s Back-UPS Connect – Stay Connected during the Hurricane Season - August 21, 2021
- Huawei ascends Fortune Global 500 as COVID-19 Lockdowns boost 5G and IoT adoption - August 21, 2021
- HBO Max now on Samsung Smart TVs in Jamaica - July 25, 2021
- Huawei Seeds of the Future Program promoting Tech4Good for UWI and UTECH Students - July 25, 2021
- Samsung Bespoke Home 2021 virtually displays Samsung Home Appliances - June 14, 2021