Folks, the verdict is in; Dual-cameras on smartphones is the new must-have feature on Smartphone in 2018!!
Samsung, who started the whole phablet phone trend as proclaimed in Phablets Reign as Consumer Reports liked the Apple, Samsung and LG smartphones, now packs a camera system at the back made up of a pair of 12 Megapixel Dual-Cameras.
It’s a feature that first made its debut on the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 as pointed out in the article Samsung Galaxy Note 8 3D Live Stickers wow Jamaica at Digicel and FLOW Launch and makes it look quite unique.
This means that like the LG V30, the S9 dual-camera system offers features like 2x optical zoom and a Portrait Mode for a blurred background effect, as well as a wide-angle viewing.
This by the way is how you know it is the S9+; that distinctive dual-camera system, as the smaller S9 has only one 12 Megapixel camera.
Samsung Galaxy S9+ – Up in the club with iPhone X, Nokia 8, LG V30 and Huawei P10 Plus
This places the Samsung Galaxy S9+ in an exclusive club that lists other such notable smartphones that have gone dual-camera:
- Huawei P10 Plus
- Nokia 8
- LG V30
- Samsung Galaxy Note 8
- iPhone X
Noticeably unusual is the fact that the Fingerprint reader for the biometric scanner is below the camera, a definite move from its placement at the side in the S8.
Not sure why this is the case, as you have to turn the camera around in order to unlock it, a rather odd action to perform.
Stay tuned as I explore this camera feature in-depth, both indoors and outdoors, as well as other features in my multi-part hands-on review on the Samsung Galaxy S9+ in future articles!!!
More on Geezam.com:
Latest posts by Lindsworth (see all)
- Samsung Electronics launches Life Unstoppable 2021 showcases IoT in the home - October 14, 2021
- Blue Origin breaks records as Captain Kirk goes into space - October 14, 2021
- Samsung receives EPA Award for Galaxy S10 packaging and e-waste recycling - October 10, 2021
- How Schneider Electric Modular Data Center herald 5G Adoption and VR Classrooms - October 10, 2021
- Samsung’s The Frame 4K Exhibition of Thyssen-Bornemisza National Museum Collection - October 10, 2021