Repetitive Strain Injury can be caused by the repeated use of any tool or equipment or by any motion that involves doing the same action repeatedly. RSI affects various types of persons but this entry will be focused on computer users.
Repetitive Strain Injury Explained
Repetitive Strain Injury is a serious problem among computer users, especially typists, web developers and other computer related professions that involved using a computer for extended periods. RSI affects a user when the tendons, muscles nerves, and other soft tissues in the hand, fingers, wrist elbows and shoulders are strained due to repeated and prolonged use of the keyboard and mouse. The stress of these parts combined with bad posture and improper keyboard and mouse use can be dangerous.
Symptoms of RSI
Stiffness, tingling or soreness of wrists, hands, fingers, and shoulders is a sure sign of RSI as well as hand weakness, cold hands, hypersensitivity and lack of coordination.
Repetitive Strain Injury is hard to cure but very simple to prevent. Simple things like taking regular breaks to stretch and massage hands, arms and shoulders, learning to type properly, positioning your desk and chair properly to ensure they are at the proper height, using voice recognition software when possible and sitting upright and keeping a good posture can go a far way to preventing RSI and the pain discomfort that comes with it.
More on Geezam.com:
Latest posts by Kelroy (see all)
- Python Programming Tutorial for Beginners – Part 5 – String concatenation - March 4, 2021
- Python Programming Tutorial for Beginners – Part 4 – Basic Operators - March 2, 2021
- Python Programming Tutorial for Beginners – Part 3 – Printing and commenting - February 27, 2021
- Python Programming Tutorial for Beginners – Part 2 – Variables and Data Types - February 23, 2021
- Python Programming Tutorial for Beginners – Part 1 – Hello and Introduction - February 19, 2021