The days of a traditional controller for video games seem to be numbered. Sony officially revealed their own addition to the motion and gesture controller wave called the Playstation Move at the annual Game Developers Conference in San Francisco. The PlayStation Move works in tandem with the PlayStation Eye webcam to track the wand-like controller’s position and inertial sensors to detect motion.
The video game console war is now raging on a new front as Nintendo Wii’s MotionPlus, Sony’s PlayStation Move and Microsoft’s Project Natal are expected to square off later this year. It is no secret that Nintendo is currently winning the war but there are signs that it’s momentum is slowing will Microsoft or Sony be able to overtake them?
Dukes is a hardcore street fighting game
Newly Revealed Games
- Move Party
- TV Superstars
- Sports Champions
- The Shoot
PlayStation Move is slated for worldwide launch in Q3/Q4 2010 and is expected to cost less than $100.
Source – Playstation Blog Europe
More on Geezam.com:
Latest posts by Kelroy (see all)
- Python Programming Tutorial for Beginners – Part 5 – String concatenation - March 4, 2021
- Python Programming Tutorial for Beginners – Part 4 – Basic Operators - March 2, 2021
- Python Programming Tutorial for Beginners – Part 3 – Printing and commenting - February 27, 2021
- Python Programming Tutorial for Beginners – Part 2 – Variables and Data Types - February 23, 2021
- Python Programming Tutorial for Beginners – Part 1 – Hello and Introduction - February 19, 2021