As much as I love Nintendo, I have to admit facts; The PlayStation 4 is the most popular game console in the world since it launched in November 2013.
According to stats published by Sony, makers of the Playstation 4, they’re in pole position when compared to the other major game console makers, Microsoft and Xbox One in the past twenty five (25) months:
- 40 million PlayStation 4 consoles sold
- 21 million Xbox One consoles sold
- 13 million Wii U consoles sold
To put that number in perspective:
- 4 million PlayStation 4 consoles between early January 2016 and May 22nd, 2016
- 1 million PlayStation 4 consoles sold every month
This makes the Sony Playstation 4 the fastest selling gaming console of all time. They may even be in contention for the title of fastest-selling PlayStation game console of all time.
So how far ahead is Sony compared to the competition?
PlayStation 4 and the competition – Why Playstation VR will go Thermonuclear on Xbox One and Wii U
They’re so far ahead, their competition has been second-guessing themselves of late.
Nintendo has pushed back the launch of their Gaming console, the Nintendo NX, to March 2017 as reported in How Nintendo NX coming on March 2017 may challenge PlayStation VR.
Microsoft has stopped reporting sales, opting instead to report hours people spend playing Xbox One games. To be fair, their 20 million was based on figures from January 2016, so you can add another 3 million to that figure.
Still, one wonders; what will the competitions do when highly-anticipated games like The Last Guardian and Final Fantasy XV land on the PlayStation 4 later in September 2016 as prophesied in How Final Fantasy XV on PlayStation 4 means PlayStation VR in September 2016 make an appearance alongside their VR Console at E3 slated to be held between June 14-16, 2016?
Worse, if they launch the US$399 Playstation VR in September 2016 as predicted in How US$399 Playstation VR coming in October started a VR Console War, it will be as if Sony had dropped a Thermonuclear bomb on Microsoft and Nintendo.
Folks, the Console Wars just got interesting in 2016, as VR loom large in September 2016….
More on Geezam.com:
Latest posts by Lindsworth (see all)
- Samsung Electronics launches Life Unstoppable 2021 showcases IoT in the home - October 14, 2021
- Blue Origin breaks records as Captain Kirk goes into space - October 14, 2021
- Samsung receives EPA Award for Galaxy S10 packaging and e-waste recycling - October 10, 2021
- How Schneider Electric Modular Data Center herald 5G Adoption and VR Classrooms - October 10, 2021
- Samsung’s The Frame 4K Exhibition of Thyssen-Bornemisza National Museum Collection - October 10, 2021