The Playstation 2 is the best selling video game console of all time. Ever since its arrival on the 5ith of March 2000 it has been a powerhouse in the gaming world and to this day 10 years after it’s release sales remain strong and new games are still being developed for the system. The Playstation is truly a revolutionary system that spearheaded countless innovations while building the achievements of the first Playstation and laying the foundation for the Playstation 3.
When the Playstation 2 was released I was in high school and a Nintendo fanboy to the core. Before the days of going online and having knowledge of the latest and greatest happenings in the video game industry me and my friends had to rely on video game magazines to stay up to date with what was going on. I remember clearly the buzz that surrounded the Playstation 2 launch and how breathtakingly awesome the graphics were to me back then. It’s hard to believe that 10 years has gone by already especially when you look back at all that has happened in the industry over that decade. Happy 10th birthday to the Sony PlayStation 2!
Below are ten awesome Playstation 2 games in no particular order pulled at random from my memory banks which must mean I have spent a whole lot of time playing and enjoying these titles for them to leave an impression on me.
- Grand Theft Auto III
- Twisted Metal Black
- Shadow of the Colossus
- Guitar Hero III
- Gran Turismo 4
- Soul Calibur 2
- Max Payne
- Crazy Taxi
- Grand Theft Auto Vice City
- Final Fantasy X
Which Playstation 2 games did you enjoy playing?
More on Geezam.com:
Latest posts by Kelroy (see all)
- Python Programming Tutorial for Beginners – Part 4 – Basic Operators - March 2, 2021
- Python Programming Tutorial for Beginners – Part 3 – Printing and commenting - February 27, 2021
- Python Programming Tutorial for Beginners – Part 2 – Variables and Data Types - February 23, 2021
- Python Programming Tutorial for Beginners – Part 1 – Hello and Introduction - February 19, 2021
- Jamaican government contractor Amber Group allegedly exposes COVID-19 test results and private data of travelers - February 18, 2021