Remember the Opera Mini Browser?
That plucky Browser is the reason why many persons who had their Blackberries clung to them, as it made browsing possible on Blackberry. Now news from the Norwegian Browser maker indicates that they’re still Growing Strong like House Tyrell from Game of Thrones even in the smartphone world.
Take a gander at these graphs that indicate that their usage traffic is growing despite the proliferation of smartphones and the slow death of Blackberry. Like the BBM (Blackberry Messenger), the Opera Mini Browser has been free for a long time and has now gone cross-platform and mainstream on Google Android and Apple iPhone Free Blackberry Messenger App coming to Android and iOS:
The stats are even more impressive when you consider the fact that the other smartphone makers already have their own Browsers built in, the stock Android Browser and Safari for Apple iOS users:
88% growth from percent from 129 million to 243 million users
1231% growth in transcoded pages of pages from 80 billion to 177 billion
Granted, Opera is a third place player in the big browser game. According to the analyst StatCounter, they are a mere 16% of the market:
29.1% for unbranded Android browser
25.0% for Apple’s Safari Browser
- 16% for Opera Browser
So clearly, albeit Opera is only 16% of the Browser market according to StatCounter, their market share hasn’t shrunk with the declining usage of Blackberries. Rather it has continued to be Growing Strong like a Golden Flower against a field of Green in the form of Browser Alternatives built into the Google Android and Apple iPhone smartphone users.
Grow Strong my rose Opera, Grow Strong!
More on Geezam.com:
Latest posts by Lindsworth (see all)
- Schneider Electric’s Back-UPS Connect – Stay Connected during the Hurricane Season - August 21, 2021
- Huawei ascends Fortune Global 500 as COVID-19 Lockdowns boost 5G and IoT adoption - August 21, 2021
- HBO Max now on Samsung Smart TVs in Jamaica - July 25, 2021
- Huawei Seeds of the Future Program promoting Tech4Good for UWI and UTECH Students - July 25, 2021
- Samsung Bespoke Home 2021 virtually displays Samsung Home Appliances - June 14, 2021