Hey again folks. Its one of your fav tech dudes with some important information that can and will prove useful. As a tech pro, you may escape the risk of serious injury, but there are still A LOT of things that could befall you right at your desk. Three of these conditions are:
1. Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Yow know the people in your office with those ridiculous Velcro contraptions strapped to their forearms and hands? They’re not professional bowlers. They have what is perhaps the most common office malady around–carpal tunnel syndrome. This is marked by pain, soreness, tingling, numbness, or itching that’s caused when a nerve that runs through the forearm is compressed by swollen ligaments and bones in the wrist. It’s brought on by too much typing.
You can help prevent the problem by making sure your wrists never actually rest on the wrist pad by your keyboard. They should hover above it.
When you have no vigorous physical outlet for stress, it tends to internalize, which can lead to a host of health problems like ulcers, heart disease, and depression. Unfortunately, preventing stress is not always within your hands. How you deal with it is. Finding energy outlets like running, video gaming, and professional bowling can help.
3. Back pain
Even if you have great posture or have the latest ergonomic setup, sitting for hours at a time can play havoc on your back muscles. Ignoring the curious glances of your coworkers, get up from your desk occasionally to stretch or walk.
More on Geezam.com:
Latest posts by Geezam Staff (see all)
- TrustSearch, the worldwide trust search engine by TrustUnion - February 25, 2021
- Handheld failures frustrate workforce and cost business, latest Panasonic research shows - February 21, 2021
- Games.lol – The Best Way to Play Android Games on Windows PC - February 16, 2021
- JW Basics – aiming to improve Online Shopping in Jamaica - August 4, 2020
- Panasonic TOUGHBOOK 33 Approved For Use on the New Emergency Services Network - September 19, 2019