The recently announced Nokia bicycle charging kit allows cyclists charge their mobile phone using pedal power while they ride. Such charging solutions are not new but Nokia being a major player in the mobile phone market sees an opportunity to target environmentally conscious consumers of their devices.
The total charging time varies depending on the phone and the cycling speed but Nokia claims that with just 20 minutes of cycling at 10 km/h you can power up a Nokia 1202 for 1 hour of talk time or 74 hours of standby time. The Nokia Bicycle Charger Kit is compatible with all Nokia phones that have a 2 mm charging interface. The Nokia 1202 is a cheap phone without many of the advanced power sucking features in most smartphones that are in high demand lately as prices fall and competition intensifies.
The kit consists of three components: a bottle dynamo, a charger and a phone holder. The bottle dynamo fits to the front of the bike with a mounting bracket. The charger and phone holder attach securely to the handle bars. The charger, phone holder and phone can be removed easily whenever you park your bike.
No information related to the release date and pricing of the Nokia bicycle charging kit is available at the time of this post.
More on Geezam.com:
Latest posts by Kelroy (see all)
- Python Programming Tutorial for Beginners – Part 5 – String concatenation - March 4, 2021
- Python Programming Tutorial for Beginners – Part 4 – Basic Operators - March 2, 2021
- Python Programming Tutorial for Beginners – Part 3 – Printing and commenting - February 27, 2021
- Python Programming Tutorial for Beginners – Part 2 – Variables and Data Types - February 23, 2021
- Python Programming Tutorial for Beginners – Part 1 – Hello and Introduction - February 19, 2021