Nintendo has finally confirmed that a successor to their ultra successful Nintendo Wii gaming console in coming in 2012. It a short statement released yesterday Nintendo declared that the system not only exists but more information will be released at this years Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) to be held in Los Angeles from June 7-9.
The rumor mill has switched from predicting when the new system will arrive to what the system will have on the insides with many saying that it will cost between $350 and $450 and be more powerful that the Xbox 360 and the Playstation 3. I’ll be following the happenings of E3 2011 especially as it relates to this new Nintendo system and it’s capabilities. Exerpt from the Nintendo release below.
Nintendo Co., Ltd. has decided to launch in 2012 a system to succeed Wii, which the company has sold 86.01 million units on a consolidated shipment basis between its launch in 2006 and the end of March 2011.
We will show a playable model of the new system and announce more specifications at the E3 Expo, which will be held June 7-9, 2011, in Los Angeles.
Sales of this new system have not been included in the financial forecasts announced today for the fiscal term ending March 2012.
More on Geezam.com:
Latest posts by Kelroy (see all)
- Python Programming Tutorial for Beginners – Part 5 – String concatenation - March 4, 2021
- Python Programming Tutorial for Beginners – Part 4 – Basic Operators - March 2, 2021
- Python Programming Tutorial for Beginners – Part 3 – Printing and commenting - February 27, 2021
- Python Programming Tutorial for Beginners – Part 2 – Variables and Data Types - February 23, 2021
- Python Programming Tutorial for Beginners – Part 1 – Hello and Introduction - February 19, 2021