History has been made by Nintendo again, this time with the Nintendo Switch.
The Nintendo Switch has sold 4.8 million units within the first 10 months of its release in the United States, with 10 million units sold worldwide. This makes it the fastest-selling console in US history beaten its own record first set by the Nintendo Wii in 2007.
Back then the Wii sold 4 million units in the US during the same 10 month timeframe.
Guess it pays to pack your video game console with such exclusive gems as:
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
- Super Mario Odyssey
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
More than likely, this along with the unique ability to switch from being a home console to a portable Handheld with some cool colours!
The mere fact that Nintendo was able to pack a fully playable system in a portable form factor and still maintain the same level of gameplay may have fired the imagination of many Nintendo loyalists and thus contribute to the success the console.
More on Geezam.com:
Latest posts by Lindsworth (see all)
- Schneider Electric’s Back-UPS Connect – Stay Connected during the Hurricane Season - August 21, 2021
- Huawei ascends Fortune Global 500 as COVID-19 Lockdowns boost 5G and IoT adoption - August 21, 2021
- HBO Max now on Samsung Smart TVs in Jamaica - July 25, 2021
- Huawei Seeds of the Future Program promoting Tech4Good for UWI and UTECH Students - July 25, 2021
- Samsung Bespoke Home 2021 virtually displays Samsung Home Appliances - June 14, 2021