History has been made by Nintendo again, this time with the Nintendo Switch.
The Nintendo Switch has sold 4.8 million units within the first 10 months of its release in the United States, with 10 million units sold worldwide. This makes it the fastest-selling console in US history beaten its own record first set by the Nintendo Wii in 2007.
Back then the Wii sold 4 million units in the US during the same 10 month timeframe.
Guess it pays to pack your video game console with such exclusive gems as:
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
- Super Mario Odyssey
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
More than likely, this along with the unique ability to switch from being a home console to a portable Handheld with some cool colours!
The mere fact that Nintendo was able to pack a fully playable system in a portable form factor and still maintain the same level of gameplay may have fired the imagination of many Nintendo loyalists and thus contribute to the success the console.
More on Geezam.com:
Latest posts by Lindsworth (see all)
- Huawei donates 500 MediaPad T3 10” LTE tablets to the Ministry of Education - January 16, 2021
- Schneider Electric APC’s Smart-UPS™ line interactive Lithium-ion for IoT and Edge Computing - January 12, 2021
- Huawei passes an independent GSMA NESAS, demonstrating Integrity of their Networks - January 11, 2021
- Samsung lauded by Consumer Technology Association for their Bold Design & Engineering - January 11, 2021
- Huawei Harmony OS 2.0 is Open Source Mobile OS with IoT Integration - January 11, 2021