Come August 12 the Nintendo 3Ds will be $80 cheaper as Nintendo has announced that their flagship handheld will not cost $169.99, down from $249.99. The Nintendo 3DS is the successor to the super successful Nintendo DS and is a glasses-free 3D handheld gaming device that was unveiled last summer and released in March.
On the fence about buying a Nintendo 3DS?
Nintendo said the move is intended to “create momentum for the Nintendo 3DS and accelerate its market penetration toward the year end sales season, when the lineup for the applicable software shall be enriched.” For anyone who was on the fence about buying a Nintendo 3DS, this is a huge motivation to buy now,” Nintendo of America President Reggie Fils-Aime, continued by saying. “We are giving shoppers every incentive to pick up a Nintendo 3DS, from an amazing new price to a rapid-fire succession of great games.”
Rewarding the early adopters
So what about the almost 1 million Nintendo 3DSs sold since March? Nintendo is offering these early adopters 20 free game downloads from the Nintendo eShop as a show of appreciation. Users will also get registered for the 3DS Ambassador program, allowing them to download 10 NES Virtual Console games starting September 1st before they are made available in the Nintendo eShop.
More on Geezam.com:
Latest posts by Kelroy (see all)
- Python Programming Tutorial for Beginners – Part 5 – String concatenation - March 4, 2021
- Python Programming Tutorial for Beginners – Part 4 – Basic Operators - March 2, 2021
- Python Programming Tutorial for Beginners – Part 3 – Printing and commenting - February 27, 2021
- Python Programming Tutorial for Beginners – Part 2 – Variables and Data Types - February 23, 2021
- Python Programming Tutorial for Beginners – Part 1 – Hello and Introduction - February 19, 2021