Minister of Security Robert Montague says that public safety is of utmost importance to the Ministry, but it is not only the government’s responsibility; each person can and should play their part in making Jamaica a safer place to live and work.
The Ministry Of National Security is strongly advising that everyone downloads the free smart phone Stay Alert App available from the Google Play Store for Android devices. This is being done in an effort to enhance the relationship between the police and the citizens of Jamaica.
The Stay Alert App, which was created by Developer Devon Hunter, will allow citizens to communicate with the police on the go and make citizens safer and create safer communities. The app, which offers personal safety at your fingertips has four features: Panic Mode
- The Law
Downloading the app is very simple and easy:
- Open the Google Play Store app on your Android phone
- Type “Stay Alert” in the search bar
- Select the option to download the Stay Alert App
Once installed, Stay Alert will be accessible via the icon on your home screen. Setting up the Stay Alert App is also very straightforward:
- Open the app
- Turn on your GPS from the on screen prompt
- Select ok
- Proceed to turn on your GPS
- Clicking the icon on the top right corner
- Complete your profile page
So what kind of information does the Stay Alert App Provide?
Stay Alert App – Making Communities safer by making us more Alert
The Stay Alert App four (4) sections provide information based on the name of the section and is quite useful.
The Panic Mode requires that users input their name, email address and telephone number. When activated, panic mode will automatically turn on your GPS and sends an alert to the police informing them that you are in an emergency situation. An officer will call; upon no response help will arrive.
The iReport feature allows users to anonymously send information to the police in the form of a video, audio, photo or message about suspicious individuals or crimes.
Alerts provide users with the latest news, alerts and tips from the police such as missing person updates, roadblocks, and other information from the police blotters.
The Laws provides users with snippets of Jamaican laws including the Road Traffic Act,
Evidence Act and Sexual Offense Act among others for users to understand and apply to real-life situations.
So download the Stay Alert App today!
Here’s the link:
More on Geezam.com:
Latest posts by Lindsworth (see all)
- Samsung Galaxy Buds Pro – True ANC Wireless Earbuds Design gives better Sound Quality - April 7, 2021
- Schneider Electric Healthcare IT Solutions – EDGE, AI , IoT with UPS backup for Servers - April 7, 2021
- Huawei donates 500 MediaPad T3 10” LTE tablets to the Ministry of Education - January 16, 2021
- Schneider Electric APC’s Smart-UPS™ line interactive Lithium-ion for IoT and Edge Computing - January 12, 2021
- Huawei passes an independent GSMA NESAS, demonstrating Integrity of their Networks - January 11, 2021