“We estimate that if 10 percent of the iPad install base were to subscribe to Office then this could add 15 million subscribers and generate $1.1 billion to $1.5 billion in consumer Office subscription revenue per year”
Bernstein Research analyst Mark Moerdler said in a research note on Tuesday March 18th 2014, as reported by Reuters.
Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella certainly isn’t wasting his time making his stamp on the company Stock Price with his decision to introduce Microsoft word for the Apple iPad. Microsoft’s share price rose by about 5% to $39.90 on Tuesday March 18th 2014, eclipsing the value it last attained way back in 2000 at the end of the Dot Com Era and represents an added valuation of US$15 billion to the company’s value on the stock markets.
Acutely aware that Microsoft is behind in the Tablet race with their Microsoft Surface, Microsoft has adopted a new Strategy in dealing with the Apple iPad: if you can beat ‘em with the Microsoft Surface, then sell them Microsoft Office.
On Thursday March 27th 2014 at a Microsoft Presentation slated to kick off at 10a.m. PT/1 p.m. ET, hell is set to freeze over -sort of – as Microsoft is slated to introduce Microsoft Office for the Apple iPad. This isn’t Microsoft Office 2010 but Microsoft Office 365, their Cloud Based version of Office that requires that you pay a subscription fee in order to use it.
Microsoft is finally realizing that Microsoft Office for the Apple iPhone that was rolled out in June 2013 was a hit and it popularity on the Apple iPhone bodes well for the Apple iPad version being worth the extra ice in hell. An extra 15 million subscribers and US$1.1 billion to US$1.5 billion in revenue from happy Apple iPad users who’ll rejoice that they can finally get some actual work done on their Apple iPads!
More on Geezam.com:
Latest posts by Lindsworth (see all)
- Huawei donates 500 MediaPad T3 10” LTE tablets to the Ministry of Education - January 16, 2021
- Schneider Electric APC’s Smart-UPS™ line interactive Lithium-ion for IoT and Edge Computing - January 12, 2021
- Huawei passes an independent GSMA NESAS, demonstrating Integrity of their Networks - January 11, 2021
- Samsung lauded by Consumer Technology Association for their Bold Design & Engineering - January 11, 2021
- Huawei Harmony OS 2.0 is Open Source Mobile OS with IoT Integration - January 11, 2021