Microsoft announced on Tuesday September 26th 2017 that Microsoft Office 2019 will land in the second half of 2018.
Office 2019 will have the following IT features and server upgrades to improve usability:
- Excel users will notice updated formulas and charts
- PowerPoint will get new animation features
- Apps will also come with pressure sensitivity and tilt effects
Microsoft Office 2019 is for people who don’t want their apps and services in the cloud.
It will include the standard apps such as:
- Microsoft Exchange
- Skype for Business
This is all good; not everyone is comfortable with having their document in the cloud like Google Docs, as Internet outages in Jamaica are common. The standalone suite will be valuable for businesses who want to keep apps and servers on-site.
Pricing has not yet been announced but it better be free, as Microsoft’s cloud-based Office suite, Office 365, was a big flop and was not catching on in Jamaica and globally. Microsoft should focus on making money from Businesses instead of customers and use cloud registration similar to Apple iCloud to get users to register their copy in order to use the software.
More on Geezam.com:
Latest posts by Lindsworth (see all)
- Schneider Electric’s Back-UPS Connect – Stay Connected during the Hurricane Season - August 21, 2021
- Huawei ascends Fortune Global 500 as COVID-19 Lockdowns boost 5G and IoT adoption - August 21, 2021
- HBO Max now on Samsung Smart TVs in Jamaica - July 25, 2021
- Huawei Seeds of the Future Program promoting Tech4Good for UWI and UTECH Students - July 25, 2021
- Samsung Bespoke Home 2021 virtually displays Samsung Home Appliances - June 14, 2021