As I (and apparently half of Jamaica) suspected LIME Jamaica officially launched their Mobile TV service in a glitzy event broadcast live on CVMtv, REtv, SportsMax and via the internet. The new service which is the first of it’s kind in the Caribbean will officially be available on Monday December 13th 2010 as LIME positions themselves to take advantage of the Christmas season and gain an advantage over their competitors. At the show it was reveiled by LIME executives that the service will cost $250 per week which is a limited time introductory rate.
The 30 minute broadcast became with various short skits and spoofs of popular local and international television programs as well as taking a few shots at their competition in the mobile market in Jamaica – Claro and Digicel. the “GG” referenced in a few of the skits turned out to be popular dancehall artist Mavado or the “Gully God” as he is also known. LIME also debuted the new commercial that will showcase their product as well as a music video featuring international superstar Shaggy and Alaine of their hit single “For your eyez only.”
LIME’s mobile TV is thought to be powered by DVB-H a prevalent technology for mobile TV formats with technical specifications for bringing broadcast services to mobile handsets. Stay tuned for info on LIME’s mobile TV on Geezam as it becomes available.
More on Geezam.com:
Latest posts by Kelroy (see all)
- Python Programming Tutorial for Beginners – Part 5 – String concatenation - March 4, 2021
- Python Programming Tutorial for Beginners – Part 4 – Basic Operators - March 2, 2021
- Python Programming Tutorial for Beginners – Part 3 – Printing and commenting - February 27, 2021
- Python Programming Tutorial for Beginners – Part 2 – Variables and Data Types - February 23, 2021
- Python Programming Tutorial for Beginners – Part 1 – Hello and Introduction - February 19, 2021