Blackberry is undergoing many changes in 2013. It started the in January with the reveal of the new Blackberry 10 mobile operating system and its two new flagship devices the BlackBerry Q10 – which features a physical QWERTY keyboard and the iconic BlackBerry look and the BlackBerry Z10 – which features the more modern brick design that has been more popular lately.
It didn’t take long for the Blackberry Z10 to arrive in Jamaica, as after weeks of teasers it was launched by LIME last night at a glitzy event on Oxford Road in Kingston. The entire event was streamed online via the Lime Jamaica Facebook page and a lucky fan won their very own Blackberry Z10 smartphone. Two guests at the event were also lucky enough to win Z10s of their own.
Jamaica is still very much “Blackberry country” although its dominance locally has been challenged recently by the iPhone and popular Android powered phones like the Samsung Galaxy S3. Blackberry still has the edge in affordability not only of the phone but also the recurring cost of keeping the smartphone connected to the world wide web as what good is a smartphone without the internet? LIME did a good job highlighting the different Blackberry 10 updates for both the regular user and the business user and I expect the Blackberry Z10 and other phones powered by the Blackberry 10 OS to be a big hit in Jamaica.
The Blackberry Z10 will be available in LIME stores on Tuesday April 23rd. Stay tuned to Geezam.com for more details on pricing and a hands-on feature on the latest and greatest from Blackberry.
More on Geezam.com:
Latest posts by Kelroy (see all)
- Python Programming Tutorial for Beginners – Part 5 – String concatenation - March 4, 2021
- Python Programming Tutorial for Beginners – Part 4 – Basic Operators - March 2, 2021
- Python Programming Tutorial for Beginners – Part 3 – Printing and commenting - February 27, 2021
- Python Programming Tutorial for Beginners – Part 2 – Variables and Data Types - February 23, 2021
- Python Programming Tutorial for Beginners – Part 1 – Hello and Introduction - February 19, 2021