It’s time to sell your smartphone, which still has some personal pictures, video, sound recording and files. So how can you ensure that no-one, not even your girlfriend, can figure out what you’ve been up to on your smartphone?
Factory Reset Done Right – Removing Factory Reset Protection
You can Factory Reset the Alcatel OneTouch Pop C2 smartphone as shown below.
But even these low-level Smartphone come with FRP (Factory Reset Protection). Google introduced FRP in Android 5.0 Lollipop to prevent thieves from Factory resetting stolen smartphones for easy resale.
FRP will prompt your buyer to enter the user name and password for the last Google account that was registered on the device. This makes it a hard phone to sell. So before you sell your Android 5.0 Lollipop smartphone, you have to disable FRP.
The procedure for Samsung and LG G5 smartphones is similar to almost every other smartphones:
- Go to Settings
- Select Lock screen and Securityor just Security
- Select Screen lock type
- Choose None.
Then make sure to remove your Google account as follows:
Go to Settings
Select on Google
Select Account Preferences
Select Delete your Google Account
If you have a Samsung Galaxy, then you should remove your Samsung account as follows:
- Go to Settings
- Go to Lock screen and security
- Select Find My Mobile
- Enter your password
- Tap on your account at the top
- Select More
- Select Remove account
Once your Google and Samsung accounts have been removed, you can proceed with the factory reset.
Make sure your smartphone data cannot be recovered – Double Factory Reset
The data on the phone can STILL be recovered by using the appropriate Data Recovery software.
To make absolutely sure no one can get your data, you need to do the following procedure:
- Do the Factory reset first
- Load the empty phone with junk data e.g. some old movies and large files
- Do a second Factory reset
This guarantees that your personal pictures, video, sound recording and files cannot be recovered; anyone doing a recovery will only find the junk files!!! Sharing is caring so share this with as many of your fellow mates dodging their WAGS (Wives and Girlfriends) as you can!!!
More on Geezam.com:
Latest posts by Lindsworth (see all)
- Schneider Electric’s Back-UPS Connect – Stay Connected during the Hurricane Season - August 21, 2021
- Huawei ascends Fortune Global 500 as COVID-19 Lockdowns boost 5G and IoT adoption - August 21, 2021
- HBO Max now on Samsung Smart TVs in Jamaica - July 25, 2021
- Huawei Seeds of the Future Program promoting Tech4Good for UWI and UTECH Students - July 25, 2021
- Samsung Bespoke Home 2021 virtually displays Samsung Home Appliances - June 14, 2021