There are many methods for moving an old phone’s data to a new Huawei smartphones such as Huawei P8 Lite as laid out in Huawei P8 Lite is Black White and Gold Metallic Luxury.
But most require you to back up and restore your phone, and that’s really annoying. If the backup isn’t usable, you have to start all over again from the beginning and you may even lose some of your personal information.
Huawei’s engineers have developed a new product, the Phone Clone App. This App is simple to operate, convenient, transfers are encrypted, and is highly secure and is available on the Following App Stores:
In the following lines, we’ll get into the App itself and see how it works!
How Huawei’s Phone Clone App works – Wi-Fi Hotspot Synching
First, you have to install the Phone Clone App on both the old Phone.
This can be it another Android phone or Apple iPhone you’re transferring your Contacts and other information from as well as your new Huawei smartphone.
- Search for Phone Clone on Google Play (2016.7.7 release) or the Apple Store (2016.7.30 release)
- Download and install the Phone Clone App on the old phone and the new Huawei smartphone
- Install the Phone Clone App using the QR code.
Once installed, follow the next set of instructions to connect the old phone and the new Huawei smartphone.
Select New Phone on the Phone Clone App on the Huawei smartphone that will receive data. The password for a newly created Wi-Fi network will be displayed.
Select Old Phone on the Phone Clone App on the Apple iPhone or Android smartphone that will send data. Find the name of the Wi-Fi hotspot broadcast by the new phone. Touch the icon for the new phone and enter the Wi-Fi hotspot network password.
Touch Connect to establish a connection through which the Phone Clone App can transfer data.
Select the data types you want the Phone Clone App to transfer from the Apple iPhone or Android smartphone.
Touch Send, and the new phone will receive the data. After the new phone processes the data, the transfer is complete.
Transfers from Apple iPhone or Android smartphone – A Matter of Patience
Phone Clone App allows you to transfer the following information from Android smartphone:
- Messages (text messages and multimedia messages)
- Call logs
- Audio files
From iPhones you can move three (3) types of data.
Good to note that if there is a significant amount of data on the phone, you may need to wait some time for the transfer to complete. Do not leave the Phone Clone screen.
Want more tips on getting settled in to your new smartphone!? Then join their Huawei Jamaica Facebook Page check out the Huawei Experience Store as a smartphone awaits you to make loving Huawei Smartphones Possible.
Huawei Experience Store
Shop 10 Tropical Plaza
More on Geezam.com:
Latest posts by Lindsworth (see all)
- Huawei donates 500 MediaPad T3 10” LTE tablets to the Ministry of Education - January 16, 2021
- Schneider Electric APC’s Smart-UPS™ line interactive Lithium-ion for IoT and Edge Computing - January 12, 2021
- Huawei passes an independent GSMA NESAS, demonstrating Integrity of their Networks - January 11, 2021
- Samsung lauded by Consumer Technology Association for their Bold Design & Engineering - January 11, 2021
- Huawei Harmony OS 2.0 is Open Source Mobile OS with IoT Integration - January 11, 2021