“We are very pleased to see that Huawei AirEngine Wi-Fi 6 has been widely used across sectors like education, government, large enterprises, and manufacturing. Huawei AirEngine Wi-Fi 6 is helping more enterprises of all sizes to build user experience-centric networks for increased office and production efficiencies, paving the way for the large-scale rollout of digital services and accelerating digital transformation”
Steven Zhao, President of Campus Network Domain, Huawei’s Data Communication Product Line
Huawei Wi-Fi 6 has been ranked Number One in the global market (excluding North America), according to a report on the global Wi-Fi 6 indoor AP market share from 2018 Q3 to 2019 Q3 by Dell’Oro Group, a leading independent market analysis and research firm on January 14, 2020.
The latest Dell’Oro Group report is a testimony to the increasing popularity of Wi-Fi 6 among global organizations. According to the report, the overall revenue of the global Wi-Fi 6 market grew explosively in the first three quarters of 2019, growing to 30 times that of 2018.
So why is Huawei the leader in Wi-Fi? and what does this have to do with 5G Networks?
Huawei Wi-Fi 6 – IEEE 802.11ax with 4x bandwidth with lower latency
In October 2018, the Wi-Fi Alliance officially announced an all-new Wi-Fi naming system for Wi-Fi generations, with Wi-Fi 6 as the simplified name for IEEE 802.11ax. Wi-Fi 6 improves on Wi-Fi 5 with more than four times the maximum bandwidth per client and number of concurrent clients, and more than three times lower latency.
Such improvements have led to Wi-Fi 6 being adopted by a growing number of enterprises, schools, hospitals, and other pioneers to connect everything on their campus networks. These early adopters are using Wi-Fi 6 to deploy innovative applications such as 4K/8K HD video conferencing, VR/AR interactive teaching, telemedicine, and intelligent robots.
In the same period, the revenues of the Wi-Fi 4 and Wi-Fi 5 markets decreased slightly. This market performance also signifies that 2019 was the first year that Wi-Fi 6 was in commercial use.
Huawei AirEngine Wi-Fi 6 – Leader in the Wi-Fi Market
Huawei is a leader in the Wi-Fi 6 market.
With its AirEngine Wi-Fi 6, Huawei took the lead in deploying the industry’s first enterprise-class Wi-Fi 6 network in Shanghai as early as 2018.
- Shenzhen Metro in China
- Basel St. Jakob-Park stadium in Switzerland
- Agos bank in Italy
- Mondragon University in Spain
- University of Johannesburg in South Africa
Since then, Huawei AirEngine Wi-Fi 6, powered by Huawei 5G, has been the preferred choice of many industry customers around the world, helping them to build the ideal Wi-Fi 6 networks with zero coverage holes, zero wait time, and zero packet loss during roaming.
Why Huawei Wi-Fi 6 is a success – Powered by Huawei’ 5G Networks
Customers’ trust in Huawei Wi-Fi 6 is attributed to Huawei’s continuous investment and dedication to the emerging Wi-Fi 6 industry.
Some key highlights include:
- Huawei’s leading expert Osama Aboul Magd being elected as the chair of the IEEE 802.11ax Working Group in 2014, injecting his insights to continuously navigate the development direction of the Wi-Fi 6 industry standards.
- Huawei’s contribution to Wi-Fi 6 standard proposals is the highest among device vendors.
- In October 2017, Huawei launched the industry’s first commercial Wi-Fi 6 AP. Since then, Huawei has constantly expanded its Wi-Fi 6 portfolio by successively launching innovative products and solutions tailored to different scenarios.
Huawei and Wireless Broadband Alliance (WBA) have joined forces to explore Wi-Fi 6-based teaching innovations and use cases at Mondragon University in Spain.
In the future, Huawei will continue to work with upstream and downstream partners throughout the industry, focus on industry-specific scenarios, and deliver ideal Wi-Fi 6 network solutions for new digital applications.
Huawei will also forge ahead with its AirEngine Wi-Fi series products and solutions powered by Huawei 5G to help enterprises build future-proof, fully-connected campus networks.
More on Geezam.com:
Latest posts by Lindsworth (see all)
- Samsung Bespoke Home 2021 virtually displays Samsung Home Appliances - June 14, 2021
- Galileo Hall Virtual Tour hints at 5G powered Virtual Reality for Remote Workplace - June 14, 2021
- Samsung Galaxy Watch marks a New Era of Smartwatch Innovation - June 14, 2021
- Schneider Electric Galaxy VL boasts Small footprint with Live Swap Feature - June 14, 2021
- Samsung Galaxy Buds Pro – True ANC Wireless Earbuds Design gives better Sound Quality - April 7, 2021