Yet another Windows mobile smartphone has joined the Softbank 503VL as I’d announced in SoftBank 503VL smartphone is Microsoft’s Windows Phone Japan Revival.
This time it’s a Windows 10, and interestingly it has landed in the USA. HP launched the Elite x3 Windows 10 smartphone which will soon be available in forty seven (47) other countries including:
- The Middle East
This is a very high-end smartphone, possible the best ever made by any OEM. Priced at $699 unlocked, you can also upgrade to a desk dock and a premium headset, adding an extra US$100 to the price to bring it up to US$799.
Windows 10’s Continuum feature – Smartphones as Laptop Replacements possible
Exact specs are not yet know, but it’ll start shipping Friday August 29th 2016. The idea of a smartphone that can effectively function as a Windows 10 computer intrigues me.
Clearly HP is aiming at their corporate customers, as the HP Elite x3 is pricier than a laptop. HP is using the Windows 10’s Continuum feature, which allows the phone to connect to a monitor, mouse, and keyboard and run like a desktop computer.
One wonders if it would sell more if they brought it down to around $199 to US$299, as the executive crowd may be more in favor of the revamped blackberries set to launch in August 2016 and onwards as I’d parlayed in Blackberry’s Neon, Argon and Mercury are Elements of Surprise Comeback.
Also if they’re launching in those part of the world, what about Latin America and the Caribbean? We could use some Windows 10 love too!
More on Geezam.com:
Latest posts by Lindsworth (see all)
- Samsung Bespoke Home 2021 virtually displays Samsung Home Appliances - June 14, 2021
- Galileo Hall Virtual Tour hints at 5G powered Virtual Reality for Remote Workplace - June 14, 2021
- Samsung Galaxy Watch marks a New Era of Smartwatch Innovation - June 14, 2021
- Schneider Electric Galaxy VL boasts Small footprint with Live Swap Feature - June 14, 2021
- Samsung Galaxy Buds Pro – True ANC Wireless Earbuds Design gives better Sound Quality - April 7, 2021