“Really excited to announce the global rollout of group calling in Messenger today. From any group conversations, just tap on the phone icon to initiate a group call. You can then manage individual participants on the next screen”
Facebook Messenger head David Marcus said in a post on Wednesday April 20th 2016
Facebook seems to be set to take on Skype with their latest feature: Group Chat! Now Facebook Messenger allows you to chat with up to 50 people.
To enable this feature, follow the following steps:
- Click the gear menu at the top right of your chat window
- Select Add Friends to Chat from the dropdown menu
- Enter the names of the friends you want to add
- Click Done
In my book this is the most significant update since they’d announced they’re making bots for business that might give you pizza while you play chess as predicted in How FB Messenger Ads means Chess playing Chatbots with Fast Food Coupons.
Then again, it’s almost as useful as listening to Spotify playlists as noted in How Spotify’s playlist and song sharing in FB Messenger challenges Apple Music.
Now some 900 million monthly active users around the world can talk to up to 50 of their friends simultaneously. Good luck trying to do that on a smartphone, especially as Facebook and their Messenger App already tax your processor and Memory as noted in How to stop Facebook and Messenger from draining your battery.
More on Geezam.com:
Latest posts by Lindsworth (see all)
- Schneider Electric’s Back-UPS Connect – Stay Connected during the Hurricane Season - August 21, 2021
- Huawei ascends Fortune Global 500 as COVID-19 Lockdowns boost 5G and IoT adoption - August 21, 2021
- HBO Max now on Samsung Smart TVs in Jamaica - July 25, 2021
- Huawei Seeds of the Future Program promoting Tech4Good for UWI and UTECH Students - July 25, 2021
- Samsung Bespoke Home 2021 virtually displays Samsung Home Appliances - June 14, 2021