The Apple iPhone 6S and 6S Plus appears to be a hit.
Its lightning-rod features, Force Touch and Apple Pay are both made possible by Apple iOS 9 (Kelly, 2015, September 27). Apple iOS 9, albeit having some security issues, thanks to these features is making the Apple iPhone 6S and 6S Plus a hugely popular smartphone this Christmas.
13 million times over since the weekend period starting from Friday September 18th 2015 as sales have demonstrated as per my observations in 13 Million Apple iPhone 6S Sold as Apple iPhone 7 Rumours have begun, besting 2014 sales figures is more than proof enough!
American, and the world, it seems, are in love!
But is it also (Collins, 2015, September 28) waterproof? Take a look at these test videos posted on Friday September 25th 2015 and judge for yourself.
This set of videos was posted on YouTube a few days after the Apple iPhone 6S Plus by YouTuber Zac Straley. They clearly demonstrate that they not only do they still work after 24 hours of dunking in water, but the Touch ID headphone jack, the charging port and even the speakers are unharmed.
So what gives, Apple? Is this a secret feature that you planned to have while overcharging on AppleCare.
Apple iPhone’s waterproof feature – Greatest Secret Feature unlocked by Liquipel
Aside from voiding your warranty, this sneaky new feature not mention in my article Why Apple iPhone 6S, Apple TV, Apple iPad Pro with Pencil spells Success means that you’ve got a very valuable smartphone come resale time on Ebay.
I suspect that Apple may have included a hydrophobic coating, such as from the company Liquipel (, during or after assembly. A chemical assay would have to done, however, to discover if this is indeed the case.
Apple has one-upped Samsung – Joins an exclusive Sony club of waterproof smartphones
But if this is true, they may have just one-upped the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus which isn’t as noted in How Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus Keyboard Cover Nostalgia wins Applause.
It also enters the Apple iPhone 6S Plus into the same class of waterproof Android smartphones like those listed below:
- Cat S50
- HTC Desire Eye
- Huawei Honor 3
- Kyocera Brigadier
- Kyocera Hydr0 Elite
- Kyocera Hydro Life/Hydro Vibe
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Active and Sport
- Samsung Galaxy Xcover 3
- Samsung’s Galaxy S5
- Sony Xperia M4 Aqua
- Sony Xperia Z3
- Sony Xperia Z3V and older Z phones
- Xperia Z4
So to all those Android Fanboys, move over; you can take your Apple iPhone singing in the Rain, Fred Astair Style!
More on Geezam.com:
Latest posts by Lindsworth (see all)
- Samsung Galaxy Buds Pro – True ANC Wireless Earbuds Design gives better Sound Quality - April 7, 2021
- Schneider Electric Healthcare IT Solutions – EDGE, AI , IoT with UPS backup for Servers - April 7, 2021
- Huawei donates 500 MediaPad T3 10” LTE tablets to the Ministry of Education - January 16, 2021
- Schneider Electric APC’s Smart-UPS™ line interactive Lithium-ion for IoT and Edge Computing - January 12, 2021
- Huawei passes an independent GSMA NESAS, demonstrating Integrity of their Networks - January 11, 2021