Just a day after Google Reader officially got it’s face-lift Gmail’s official new look is not being released into the wild for all who are interested to take it for a test spin. The updates to the interface have been available for a while in the theme section of Gmail but there is now a notification at the bottom right of the Gmail.com interface that allows users to unlock not only the new look but also new functionality.
The new features are being called:
- Elastic Density – allows Gmail to be viewed from a variety of screen sizes and devices as well as alloing users to have a more compact or spread out feel to the interface.
- Streamlined Conversations – updated threaed emails system now with avatars to help keep track on email conversations.
- Smarter Navigation – adjust the different sections of Gmail.com allowing users to give more screen space to the functionality they use more
- Better Search – My favourite update is the new advanced search dropdown panel to find what you are looking for quickly
- HD Themes – a selection of themes now use HD images which improves their look especially on larger screens
Look out for the prompt at the bottom right of your Gmail.com screen to get the chance to preview the new look which will be rolled out eventually to all users. Check out the Gmail Blog and the video embedded below for more on Gmail’s new look.
More on Geezam.com:
Latest posts by Kelroy (see all)
- Python Programming Tutorial for Beginners – Part 5 – String concatenation - March 4, 2021
- Python Programming Tutorial for Beginners – Part 4 – Basic Operators - March 2, 2021
- Python Programming Tutorial for Beginners – Part 3 – Printing and commenting - February 27, 2021
- Python Programming Tutorial for Beginners – Part 2 – Variables and Data Types - February 23, 2021
- Python Programming Tutorial for Beginners – Part 1 – Hello and Introduction - February 19, 2021