Elemental: War of Magic is an an upcoming turn based fantasy strategy game from software development company Stardock. The game puts the player in the role of a magic wielding sovereign who through the influence and instruction of the player achieves various goals. Players decide on which technologies to research, magic to learn, where to found new cities, diplomatic relations with neighbors, when to go to war all with the aim of being the master the Elemental world.
Stardock is no stranger to strategy games as they have produced critically acclaimed titles like Sins of a Solar Empire, Demigod and the Galactic Empires series in the past. With Elemental: War of Magic however the creators intend to have a rich story driven game that will attract and retain players with it’s depth while still being mod friendly and introducing enough new game-play elements to separate it from the fantasy strategy gaming crowd.
Elemental: War of Magic is a turn-based strategy game set in a world of magic, warfare and intrigue. In it, players take on the role of a powerful sorcerer known as a “Channeler”. Players found new cities, research new technologies, study spells, build a family dynasty, engage in diplomacy, fight wars, go on quests and much more as they strive to overcome all enemies and dominate the world.
- Randomly generated maps.
- 10 Unique Factions (or create your own)
- Design your own Sovereign.
- Powerful Magic System.
- Tactical Battles.
- World Class computer AI.
- A rich, story-driven campaign.
- span single player sandbox mode.
- State of the art, client/server multiplayer.
- Low Hardware Requirements.
- Extensive Modding Support.
Visit the Official website at Elementalgame.com. The game is expected to be released in September 2010. I will be keeping my eye on this title so look out for a review not long after it’s release.
More on Geezam.com:
Latest posts by Kelroy (see all)
- Python Programming Tutorial for Beginners – Part 5 – String concatenation - March 4, 2021
- Python Programming Tutorial for Beginners – Part 4 – Basic Operators - March 2, 2021
- Python Programming Tutorial for Beginners – Part 3 – Printing and commenting - February 27, 2021
- Python Programming Tutorial for Beginners – Part 2 – Variables and Data Types - February 23, 2021
- Python Programming Tutorial for Beginners – Part 1 – Hello and Introduction - February 19, 2021