Digital JAM 2.0 was officially launched this morning at the Office of the Prime Minister under the theme “The Future of Work is Online.” Digital JAM 2.0 is a well needed and multi-layered initiative funded and supported by the World Bank, Ministry of Youth and Culture, Ministry of Industry, Investment and Commerce, JAMPRO, USAID, Flow Jamaica, LIME, Blackberry and various other public, private and community organizations.
The various speakers and presenters such as the Minister of Youth and Culture – Lisa Hanna, President and COO of Flow – Michelle English, Senior Development Specialist at the World Bank- Fabio Pittaluga, Director for Sustainable Development at the World Bank – Ede Jorge Vasquez among others highlighted the skill and talent present in Jamaican youth who only needed access to and knowledge about the various ICT tools available in today’s modern world.
Digital JAM 2.0 aims to be more than a one off event an intends to be a vehicle for national development and growth for all social and economic brackets as it was highlighted that 200,000 Jamaicans between the ages f 18 and 35 are not in school or working. This is unacceptable and thus the theme “The Future of Work is Online” is even more relevant in today’s global economy as young people should look to entrepreneurship and combining their individual skills with new media to not only provide employment for themselves but others.
The main Digital JAM 2.0 event will be held from June 28th-30th at the Jamaican Conference Centre in Kingston and will feature the entries from the ongoing Mobile Apps Competition, Hackathon, various seminars and a job fair. Geezam.com will be providing coverage of Digital JAM 2.0 leading up to and during the conference.
More on Geezam.com:
Latest posts by Kelroy (see all)
- Python Programming Tutorial for Beginners – Part 5 – String concatenation - March 4, 2021
- Python Programming Tutorial for Beginners – Part 4 – Basic Operators - March 2, 2021
- Python Programming Tutorial for Beginners – Part 3 – Printing and commenting - February 27, 2021
- Python Programming Tutorial for Beginners – Part 2 – Variables and Data Types - February 23, 2021
- Python Programming Tutorial for Beginners – Part 1 – Hello and Introduction - February 19, 2021