The flagship Crowdfunding MOOC for Caribbean Entrepreneurs (CMCE) is an exciting and innovative training course that combines unconventional approaches in entrepreneurship financing with an innovative online learning platform. Massive Open Online Courses or MOOCs provide a free open access web-based learning platform to a large number of participants. MOOC platforms such as Coursera, EdX, and Stanford Venture Lab are democratizing education, transforming learning and promoting lifelong learning.
Around the world, national and international institutions, such as the World Bank Group are paying greater attention to the impacts of crowdfunding on local economic development. In the Caribbean, crowdfunding is a relatively new approach to financing entrepreneurship projects that use the power of the ‘crowd’ to collect small contributions from a number of supporters or customers to help finance start-ups, non-profit initiatives and social enterprises. CMCE aims to provide entrepreneurs with the knowledge and skills to use crowdfunding to test the market demand for their product or service.
The Crowdfunding Massive Online Course for Caribbean Entrepreneurs (CMCE) intends to increase the awareness and capacity of Micro, Small and Medium Size Enterprises (MSMEs), startups and entrepreneurs in the EPIC participating Countries with effective skills to start their own crowdfunding campaign.
Crowdfunding is an option for entrepreneurs to publicly raise awareness and financing from an exponentially expanding network of multiple, disconnected entities/persons to collectively support start up or growth via a structured online marketing campaign.
In particular, this MOOC is targeting Caribbean Entrepreneurs that through the use of crowdfunding will be able to:
- Test their ideas faster
- Identify potential customers
- Access to wider networks
- Attract a larger pool of investors
- Access a larger pool of investment options
- Get comfortable with using technology to access capital and markets
- Building online presence and brand
- Become more credible and accountable as a CEO raising funding online
- Accelerate economic growth in SME market
Build innovation capacity
Applications are now open for the Crowdfunding Massive Online Course for Caribbean Entrepreneurs (CMCE) and the deadline is midnight on 21 August 2016. Subsequently, screening of all applications will be done and selected applicants contacted to register in September 2016. More details and information how to apply available here.
More on Geezam.com:
Latest posts by Kelroy (see all)
- Python Programming Tutorial for Beginners – Part 5 – String concatenation - March 4, 2021
- Python Programming Tutorial for Beginners – Part 4 – Basic Operators - March 2, 2021
- Python Programming Tutorial for Beginners – Part 3 – Printing and commenting - February 27, 2021
- Python Programming Tutorial for Beginners – Part 2 – Variables and Data Types - February 23, 2021
- Python Programming Tutorial for Beginners – Part 1 – Hello and Introduction - February 19, 2021