The COVID-19 or coronavirus pandemic is now its second year. Caribbean governments were all caught off guard as their tourism-dependent economies wrestled with closing borders vs foreign exchange revenue and the economy. In time, however, the way in which the Caribbean governments shared information improved. So let us take a look at how COVID-19 information is being shared by Barbados, The Bahamas, Jamaica and Trinidad and Tobago.
Barbados is taking a three-pronged approach with the Ministery of Health and Wellness publishing COVID-19 reports, The Ministry of Tourism explaining entry protocols and steps to enter Barbados and the Barbados Government Information Service (BGIS) sharing information.
In the Bahamas, the Ministry of Health is sharing detailed information about COVID-19 frequently. The information is broken down by each island with New Providence and Grand Bahama reporting the most cases. Travel and tourism information is available via Bahamas.com as the government prioritizes the health and wellbeing of all who enter or reside in The Bahamas.
The office of the Prime Minister, The Ministry of Health and Wellness and the Ministry of National Security have teamed up to provide COVID-19 in Jamaica. The information is presented well using a COVID-19 dashboard. It is available online via the Ministry of Health and Wellness at jamcovid19.moh.gov.jm. The information is broken down by parishes and sex of the affected. It also shows comparison charts and other infographics from around the world.
Trinidad and Tobago
Trinidad and Tobago’s health ministry has a section of its website that goes into detail about COVID-19. The information includes daily updates on infections, recoveries, deaths etc. Information about the virus, symptoms, prevention and more are also included.
More on Geezam.com:
Latest posts by Kelroy (see all)
- Python Programming Tutorial for Beginners – Part 5 – String concatenation - March 4, 2021
- Python Programming Tutorial for Beginners – Part 4 – Basic Operators - March 2, 2021
- Python Programming Tutorial for Beginners – Part 3 – Printing and commenting - February 27, 2021
- Python Programming Tutorial for Beginners – Part 2 – Variables and Data Types - February 23, 2021
- Python Programming Tutorial for Beginners – Part 1 – Hello and Introduction - February 19, 2021