So much for operating two separate networks. It has been revealed that Claro’s network in Jamaica will be shut down come March 1st 2012. Meetings are already being planned with the office of Utility Regulations and the new Minister with responsibility for telecommunications Phillip Paulwell as they try to ensure that Claro’s current customers are not left in the dark and Digicel doesn’t evolve into a monopoly in the Jamaican cellular market.
Below are links to news and press releases, stay tuned to Geezam.com for more info on this developing story as it happens.
- Digicel To Shut Down Claro Jamaica – Jamaica Gleaner
- Digicel to shut down Claro network – Jamaica Observer
- Jamaica to benefit from Digicel Acquisition of Claro – Press release
More on Geezam.com:
Latest posts by Kelroy (see all)
- Python Programming Tutorial for Beginners – Part 4 – Basic Operators - March 2, 2021
- Python Programming Tutorial for Beginners – Part 3 – Printing and commenting - February 27, 2021
- Python Programming Tutorial for Beginners – Part 2 – Variables and Data Types - February 23, 2021
- Python Programming Tutorial for Beginners – Part 1 – Hello and Introduction - February 19, 2021
- Jamaican government contractor Amber Group allegedly exposes COVID-19 test results and private data of travelers - February 18, 2021