Being that I am an IT consultant, I have seen a sizable increase in the amount of virus infected machines out there. Case in point, I was working on some machines for a client, and one of the victims had over 1000 infections. On the business level however, paid solutions are the only way to go. When your machines are housing mission-critical data, you need the best and most powerful protection as you can get.
Now I’m not saying that this is as good as it gets, but it weighs in as a heavy contender in the industry. Now on the residential side of things, there are features that the Professional Edition has that aren’t as critical. Most every AntiVirus company offers editions for both user groups, including Avira. However, Avira does not seem to have the same popularity as its competition. This is a shame, because my experience shows Avira AntiVir Profesional catches infections when other tools don’t.
System requirements (Windows version)
- Supported operating systems: Windows 2000 (SP4 and update rollout), XP (SP2), Vista (SP1), and Windows 7
- System memory: Greater than 192MB for XP and greater than 512MB for Vista/7
- Hard Drive space: greater than 40MB (plus space for quarantine) and 100MB temporary installation space
- Cost: 1 year subscription is about $30USD. (Company is located in Europe)
- Additional vendor information
Who’s it for?
Avira AntiVir Professional is for anyone exhausted by their current AntiVirus solution allowing viruses to get through and infect their machines. Avira AntiVir is also a sound solution for those who would rather have AntiVirus and malware/spyware detection under one application.
The biggest problem with Avira AntiVir is that the installation is not as straight-forward as other, similar products. There are numerous components to the Professional edition that could easily trip up the average user.
Standout features for Professional Edition
- Rootkit protection
- Real-time monitoring of both viruses and malware
- Archive detection with adjustable recursion
- Light weight scanning and monitoring
- Fast signature update
- Email and Web protection
- Multi-threading support
- Boot scan support
- Windows Explorer integration
If you are looking for one of the best AntiVirus solutions available, don’t pass up Avira AntiVir Professional. It’s business-ready protection that is easy enough to use for the average user, but offers enough features and options to satisfy even those higher-up on the administrative food chain.
More on Geezam.com:
Latest posts by Geezam Staff (see all)
- TECNO SPARK 7 Pro debuts to bring users immersive cinema experience with BIGGER and BETTER display - May 14, 2021
- Tablet sales rebound in 2020 with Apple still dominant - April 21, 2021
- The Galaxy A52, A52 5G and A72 Make Innovation Accessible to All - March 18, 2021
- TrustSearch, the worldwide trust search engine by TrustUnion - February 25, 2021
- Handheld failures frustrate workforce and cost business, latest Panasonic research shows - February 21, 2021