The Audio-Technica AT2020 USB Condenser Microphone has been on the market for a while now but remains one of the best USB microphones available. The AT2020 cardioid condenser microphone meaning it picks up sound optimally from the front with very limited reception from the sides and even less from behind so it is important to place the mic upright and at the right angle when using it.
USB powered and the Benefits of Condenser Mics
Being USB powered means the AT2020 does not need any additional software or external power source which makes it a very powerful plug and play mic that is easily added to any amateur or semi-professional setup with minimum hassle. Condensor mics are generally more complicated that their dynamic brothers but the trade-off is that they record a wider frequency range and have a flatter frequency response which means you get a better sound but at a higher price with less durability.
The Audio-Technica AT2020 is targeted at persons with a home studio setup who might be doing simple home studio recordings like voice-overs, podcasting or even amateur musicians. This mic fits those applications well and is well built and easy to use.
AT2020 USB Specs and Whats in the Box
- Element: Fixed-charge back plate permanently polarized condenser
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 20 -16,000 Hz
- Bit Depth: 16 bit
- Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz
- Power Requirements: USB power (5V DC)
- Weight (less accessories) 13.2 oz (374 g)
- Dimensions: 6.38″ (162.0 mm) long, 2.05″ (52.0 mm) maximum body diameter
- Output Connector: USB-type connector
The Audio-Technica AT2020 USB microphone comes with flimsy but usable tripod desk stand, pivoting stand mount, USB cable and pouch for storage when not in use.
More on Geezam.com:
Latest posts by Kelroy (see all)
- Python Programming Tutorial for Beginners – Part 5 – String concatenation - March 4, 2021
- Python Programming Tutorial for Beginners – Part 4 – Basic Operators - March 2, 2021
- Python Programming Tutorial for Beginners – Part 3 – Printing and commenting - February 27, 2021
- Python Programming Tutorial for Beginners – Part 2 – Variables and Data Types - February 23, 2021
- Python Programming Tutorial for Beginners – Part 1 – Hello and Introduction - February 19, 2021