In case you’ve been living under a rock, 2011 is the year of the tablets. Apple’s iPad burst unto the scene in early 2010 and since then other tech giants have been positioning themselves to take advantage of this new segment of mobile computing. A tablet specific version of Android is now available and just as in the smartphone segment a plethora of android powered tablets are being released or are on the horizon, the Motorola Xoom, Samsung Galaxy tabs and Acer Iconia being 3 of at least 7 I can remember off the top of my head. There is one contender though that I am most excited about and it’s called the ASUS Eee Pad Transformer.
Modern Mobile Device
It’s a tablet, it’s a netbook, it’s mobile, it’s powerful, it’s modern, it’s new and it’s different but familiar. That is how I describe the ASUS Eee Pad Transformer. As an Android user and a consumer on the brink of buying a preferably android-powered tablet my allegiance has bounced around with just about every Android tablet revelation. The ASUS Eee Pad Transformer with it’s tablet form factor, Android brain, expansion slots, usb support, HDMI port and all important keypad and battery extending add-on fits all my needs and is unique (for now) and very functional when I think about my needs as a blogger, soon-to-be traveler and techie on the go who is a weirdo that hates bulky laptops. Below is a video walk-through if ASUS’s new tablet.
Pricing, info and review
Also check out the official website for more information and specs. The ASUS Eee Pad Transformer TF101-A1 10.1-Inch Tablet Computer is available now in North America for $399 (tablet only) from Amazon.com with the keyboard dock costing $149. Also check out an excellent review by LaptopMag here.
More on Geezam.com:
Latest posts by Kelroy (see all)
- Python Programming Tutorial for Beginners – Part 5 – String concatenation - March 4, 2021
- Python Programming Tutorial for Beginners – Part 4 – Basic Operators - March 2, 2021
- Python Programming Tutorial for Beginners – Part 3 – Printing and commenting - February 27, 2021
- Python Programming Tutorial for Beginners – Part 2 – Variables and Data Types - February 23, 2021
- Python Programming Tutorial for Beginners – Part 1 – Hello and Introduction - February 19, 2021