Apple has just announced and detailed their new offerings, and while there is no news on a new iPad or an all new iPhone 5 there is still plenty to be excited about on the iOS, iPod and iPhone fronts. The most significant announcement was the iPhone 4S, Apples latest phone which although it looks exactly like the iPhone 4 on the outside is almost completely revamped on the inside and comes with a myriad of hardware and software updates.
The new specs and upgrades to the iPhone 4S are:
- Dual-core A5 CPU (same chip that is in the iPad 2)
- Dual-core Graphics Chip
- All new 8 mega-pixel still camera
- HD video camera
- Improved Battery Life
- Dual Antennae feature
- Faster Internet speeds
- iOS 5
- Siri Smart Assisant
North American customers on the AT&T, Verizon and Sprint cellular networks can pre-order the iPhone 4S on October 7 for delivery on October 14. Black or white iPhone 4S models will be available with the 16GB model costing $199, the 32GB costing $299 and 64GB costing $399, all with a 2 year contract. The “old” iPhone 4 would still be available and will now be available only in black for $99, also with contract.
No concrete news yet on other countries but Apple has stated that over 100 carriers will have the iPhone 4S by the end of the year. We’ll be following up on any news from the Caribbean carriers such as LIME and Digicel on when and if they will have the new iPhone and how much it will cost.
More on Geezam.com:
Latest posts by Kelroy (see all)
- Python Programming Tutorial for Beginners – Part 5 – String concatenation - March 4, 2021
- Python Programming Tutorial for Beginners – Part 4 – Basic Operators - March 2, 2021
- Python Programming Tutorial for Beginners – Part 3 – Printing and commenting - February 27, 2021
- Python Programming Tutorial for Beginners – Part 2 – Variables and Data Types - February 23, 2021
- Python Programming Tutorial for Beginners – Part 1 – Hello and Introduction - February 19, 2021