The Apple iPad 3 is set to be launched today on Wednesday March 7th 2012AD at the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts in downtown San Francisco at 10 a.m. Pacific. This above news reported by CNET Editor, Josh Lowenshon confirms the earlier speculation in January 2012AD by CNET’s Larry Dignan of a March 2012AD event for the Apple iPad 3.
Thank God!! [wiping brow!!]
The rumour mill can finally begin to wind down and the Sheep aka the Apple aficionados can start gathering for the Sermon on the Mount to be preached by Apple CEO Tim Cook, as they were making too much noise and drowning out any legitimate news about the Apple iPad 3. Even I can be easily accused of adding grist to the mill with my article Apple iPhone 5 coming in October and the Apple iPad 3 is in the wings.
If the latest news from US analyst TechNet is to be believed, there is money to be made by developers making smartphone and Tablet Apps, even for Jamaicans as previously concluded in my article Smartphones and Apps – Freemium Games are No. 1 and hinted at in my ode to the Scotia VISA Debit Card appropriately named How to use Scotia VISA Debit Card Online.
This is now especially true as the so-called App-Economy in the US of A, the land of Milk and Honey now undergoing the death-throes of their prolonged US Recession has been credited with the creation of some five hundred thousand (500,000) jobs for Developers, software Programmers and Engineers and related support staff.
If three (3) is truly a charm as the saying goes, then this is surely an indication of the seriousness of the Apple iPad….er….I mean Tablet market, clearly a product in its own right that’s here to stay, powered by the still growing Developer Community that though CLEARLY out-of work from the 9-yo-5 grind due to the sagging US Economy are NOT just sitting down idly at home moping about, Fun with Dick and Jane style.
They are busy designing Apps and switching gears to make money from the Apple iPhone and the Apple iPad and the Android smartphones and Tablets that Google has sprung to ride on the coat-tails of Apple popularity. Clearly owning a smartphone, even after losing your job or having been to college and being unable to land a job does indeed make you smart as noted in StudyBlue reveals Smartphones, Tablets make you smarter – The Big Bang Theory on Google.
Android fans, grumble all you want about the popularity of Android smartphones, Apple is still the World Boss according to analyst Nielsen in my article Nielsen declares Apple iPhone 4S cut into Android Sales!
Throw another analysts forecast from Forrester analyst Sarah Rotman Epps into the critics funeral pyre that predicts that one third of US Adults will own a Tablet by 2016AD, and the significance of the explosive growth of the Mobile Computing Market and the so-called App Economy becomes very clear:
- 34% of theUSpopulation, roughly 112.5 million adults will eventually own a Tablet by 2016AD
- Expressed another way, 293 million tablets would have been sold from 2010AD to 2016AD, a very big number for the US of A alone
So what has been announced for the new Apple iPad 3?
- 9.4mm and 1.4 pounds
- 9 hours of battery life when on 4G, 10 hours when off 4G in regular usage
- Support for LTE (Long Term Evolution) and backward compatible with 3G and HSDPA+ Networks
- A5X Quad-Core Processor, their answer to Nvidia Tegra 3 Quad-Core Processor as announced in my article Nvidia and the Quad-Core Kal-El CPU – Android leaves A5 Dual-Core Processor in the Dust. The X stands for “Quad Core Graphics”
- The Apple iPad is coming to US Networks Verizon, AT&T,Rogers,Belland Telus
- Prices is $499, $599, and $599 same as the Apple iPad 2 as noted in Apple iPad 2 – Dual-Core Easy Skankin’
- No Siri Voice Assistant as demonstrated on the Apple iPhone 4S, a herald for a remoteless world as my article Siri and Kinect: Heralds of a coming world free of Remote Controls suggests. Instead, it’s just Voice Dictation software. Possibly Siri Voice Assistant is coming later in 2012?
- Retina Display Screen with 2048×1536 pixels with a pixel density of 264 pixels per inch. This as had been hinted by Tiawanese blog DigiTimes in January 2012AD
- No 12 Megapixel cameras called RJ63YC100 based on technology by Sharp. Instead it’s a 5 megapixel similar to the one in the Apple iPhone 4S capable of 1080p or High Definition Recording
- Improvements to iMovie, iWorks, iPhoto and other productivity on the Apple iPad 3
So what does apple really have cooking for the Apple iPad 3 in the future?
Quad-Core for Mobile Gaming
Back then I speculated on the Apple iPhone 5 coming in October 2011AD which turned out to be the Apple iPhone 4S with Siri as per my backtrack in Apple iPhone 4S Post Mortem – Siri Voice Assistant and iMessage Rock. But I had made a bold prediction in that very same article in which I predicted that the Apple iPad 3 would be going Quad-Core…..and unlike the Apple iPhone, folks, I am sticking to my guns on that one.
Nvidia’s Quad-Core Tegra 3 GPU, codenamed “Kal-el” is a very significant development for Mobile devices such as smartphones and Tablets that is truly out of this world as per my superhero ditty Nvidia and the Quad-Core Kal-El CPU – Android leaves A5 Dual-Core Processor in the Dust.
Apple has no choice but to come with Quad-Core processors for their Apple iPad 3, as albeit dual Core was hot when the Apple iPad 2 made it debut as noted in Apple iPad 2 – Dual-Core Easy Skankin’ the processor demands of Mobile Gaming is the main attraction of having a Tablet, means that the Apple iPad is inadvertently breaking ground in Cloud Gaming.
This was the attraction of the HTC Flyer Tablet back in February 2011AD as I had ruminated in my article HTC Flyer – A Tablet for Gaming. The Apple iPad and smartphones may also be responsible for the slow death of console Gaming and now Portable Gaming devices, again based on analysis in my article Nintendo and Sony vs Smartphones and Tablets: Post – Portable Gaming Era.
With increased support for Mobile Gaming from the likes of games such as Minecraft, now with LEGO Bricks in the mix as reported in Minecraft Apple iPhone and iPad making brick building Games Social and Google Chrome sporting emulation for Console Games on Tablets as per my analysis in Chrome 16 beats Firefox and IE8 –Mozilla going Mobile and Cloud OS on Smartphones, Tablets and UltraBoooks, an increase in Processor Speed, the number of Core as well as the Battery Technology is inevitable.
The 7” Apple iPad cometh later
Another thing to expect definitely is the coming of a 7” Tablet from Apple sometime later in 2012AD but definitely not on Wednesday March 7th 2012AD. Amazon with their barebones specs diminutive Amazon Kindle Fire demonstrates that there is significant demand for a 7” Tablet. This based on the estimated sales reports used in my article Apple needs to consider a 7” Tablet as the million-selling Amazon Kindle Fire is Razor Sharp, even if the Amazon Kindle Fire and its low-cost e-reader motley crue are really just a set of over-glorified e-Readers.
Now with real sales figures it’s clear that the Amazon Kindle Fire is …..well…..on Fire with the Apple iPad barely getting a hotfoot. According to Amazon’s declared Earnings Call on Tuesday January 31st 2012AD:
- For 2011AD, earnings were up by 41% compared to 2010AD with earning of US$631 million.
- Earnings for the Fourth Quarter of 2011AD are up by 35% compared to the Fourth Quarter in 2010AD with earnings of US$177 million.
Clearly the Amazon Kindle Fire has had a marked effect on their earnings, even while Amazon has refuse to declare the actual number of Amazon Kindles sold. With the announcements now sinking in, whatever Apple is coming with in the future for the Apple iPad 3, they better be coming strong, as albeit Three is a Charm, they competition is beginning to learn from their mistakes and are regrouping…..
A more detailed analysis is coming on the Geezam blog as soon as the dust settles.
More on Geezam.com:
Latest posts by Lindsworth (see all)
- Huawei donates 500 MediaPad T3 10” LTE tablets to the Ministry of Education - January 16, 2021
- Schneider Electric APC’s Smart-UPS™ line interactive Lithium-ion for IoT and Edge Computing - January 12, 2021
- Huawei passes an independent GSMA NESAS, demonstrating Integrity of their Networks - January 11, 2021
- Samsung lauded by Consumer Technology Association for their Bold Design & Engineering - January 11, 2021
- Huawei Harmony OS 2.0 is Open Source Mobile OS with IoT Integration - January 11, 2021