The iPad 2 has been on the lips of almost every technology enthusiast for many weeks as Apple officially announced that there was going to be an event on March 2nd. The tech blogosphere was already filled with hundreds of blogposts about rumours pertaining the the second iPad and what features it would or would not have. As expected the Ipad 2 was unveiled and it was “magical”.
CES 2011 was filled to the brim with tablets all looking to capitalize of the some of the perceived deficiencies of the first generation Apple iPad. The Motorola Xoom and the Samsung Galaxy Tab were two of the android powered rivals expected to give Apple a run for it’s tablet money. In September 2010 the iPad had 90% of the tablet computer market by December the competition had nibbled away that Market share down to 75% then came more news of the Motorola Xoom and the Android 3.0 demonstrations that made potential tablet buyers (like myself) on the fence eyes sparkle.
With the official announcement of the iPad 2, the upgrades in hardware and software I believe that Apple has done enough to beat back the “me too” horde and has kicked in the teeth of almost every tablet on the market today. It is worth pointing out that I have never owned an Apple product and I have often made fun of Apple “Fanboys” but while I may not be a member of the Apple cult…eerr I mean, while I have never been a customer of Apple I do admire their constant inovation which in turn means good things for the tech industry on a whole.
Steve Jobs quote
I leave you with some interesting words from Apple CEO Steve Jobs. If these aren’t fighting words, I am Mother Teresa:
“It’s in Apple’s DNA that technology is not enough. It’s tech married with the liberal arts and the humanities. Nowhere is that more true than in the post-PC products. Our competitors are looking at this like it’s the next PC market. That is not the right approach to this. These are post-PC devices that need to be easier to use than a PC, more intuitive.”
iPad 2 Specs
- 16, 32 and 64 gig versions
- Dual facing cameras
- iOS version 4.3
- A5 dual core processor
- 33% thinner now just 8.8mm thick
- 1.3 pounds
- 10 hour battery life
- available March 11th 2011
- available in black or white at launch
Lots more re: Apple iPad 2 coming from geezam.om in the coming days – stay tuned!
More on Geezam.com:
Latest posts by Kelroy (see all)
- Python Programming Tutorial for Beginners – Part 5 – String concatenation - March 4, 2021
- Python Programming Tutorial for Beginners – Part 4 – Basic Operators - March 2, 2021
- Python Programming Tutorial for Beginners – Part 3 – Printing and commenting - February 27, 2021
- Python Programming Tutorial for Beginners – Part 2 – Variables and Data Types - February 23, 2021
- Python Programming Tutorial for Beginners – Part 1 – Hello and Introduction - February 19, 2021