The Android team today took the wraps off a brand new and much needed web-based market for android applications. Announced at a special press conference to showcase the tablet-friendly version of Android code named “Honeycomb” the Market upgrade might just have overshadowed all other announcements.
Market announcement overdue
Previously the android app store was only available on handsets (and most recently tablets) running the OS, but now all the contents of the Android market can be viewed on any computer and coupled with a slew of new features this might be the missing peice of the Android puzzle although many might argue that this is at least a year too late.
Web-based Android Market features
Some of the features of the new web-based Android Market include:
- the ability to browse and install apps directly to your android device
- the ability to share apps with your friends using popular social networking websites
- read and submit reviews for apps
- manage apps installed on your device from a web interface
- display and nickname multiple android powered devices you own and manage them independently
Google has also announced that there are many more android related announcements and demos to come at the Mobile World Congress to be held in Barcelona on February 14.
More on Geezam.com:
Latest posts by Kelroy (see all)
- Python Programming Tutorial for Beginners – Part 5 – String concatenation - March 4, 2021
- Python Programming Tutorial for Beginners – Part 4 – Basic Operators - March 2, 2021
- Python Programming Tutorial for Beginners – Part 3 – Printing and commenting - February 27, 2021
- Python Programming Tutorial for Beginners – Part 2 – Variables and Data Types - February 23, 2021
- Python Programming Tutorial for Beginners – Part 1 – Hello and Introduction - February 19, 2021