Windows 10 is moving on up to the top, Jefferson Style.
This as Acer has now made the Acer Liquid Jade Primo available for purchase in the USA.
Originally launched in Europe, it’s now listed in the Microsoft Store for US$649. It also joins the ranks of the HP Elite x3 as I’d parlayed in HP Elite x3 shows love for Windows 10 with desk dock and headset, by being a Windows 10 smartphone.
So what are you getting for that price?
Acer Liquid Jade Primo – Continuum feature makes US College students like this phone
The 5.5inch 1080p display Acer Liquid Jade Primo is powered by a Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 808 chipset. Windows 10 floats on a 3GB RAM with an internal memory is 32GB, making almost as memory intensive as Google Android.
The Cameras are aimed to please the amateur photographer, as it has a 21 Megapixel camera rear-facing camera with a dual-LED Flash and a ready-for-the-videolight 8 Megapixel front facing Camera. All this is powered by a 2,800mAh, which to me is a tad too small and falls in the same range as the 2,160mAh water-proof US$80 Kyocera Hydro Shore as pointed out in US$80 Kyocera Hydro Shore rides the Waterproof smartphone Trend.
Its sole saving grace is that it’s packaged in a manner similar to the HP Elite x3 as I’d pointed out in HP Elite x3 shows love for Windows 10 with desk dock and headset; it also has a desktop dock as well as a mouse and a keyboard. The Windows 10 Continuum feature makes it possible to turn your smartphone into a mini-desktop.
To me this makes sense as it has a powerful processor and enough memory play area similar to a desktop computer. The Europeans enjoy the Acer Liquid Jade Primo and now it’s time for the Americans as well to get with the continuum. Still at US$649 it’s more expensive than most Laptops, my main grouse.
Hopefully the prices will come down to earth below US$200 by Christmas, at which time I suspect even US College student might like this Windows 10 smartphones!
More on Geezam.com:
Latest posts by Lindsworth (see all)
- Huawei donates 500 MediaPad T3 10” LTE tablets to the Ministry of Education - January 16, 2021
- Schneider Electric APC’s Smart-UPS™ line interactive Lithium-ion for IoT and Edge Computing - January 12, 2021
- Huawei passes an independent GSMA NESAS, demonstrating Integrity of their Networks - January 11, 2021
- Samsung lauded by Consumer Technology Association for their Bold Design & Engineering - January 11, 2021
- Huawei Harmony OS 2.0 is Open Source Mobile OS with IoT Integration - January 11, 2021